WinDiag and Memtest Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

smu122

I recently have been experiencing BSOD's at random times stating IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. So i decided to test my RAM. I first ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic with both RAM sticks for 1 pass and FAILED, WINVC, MATS+, INVC, and LRAND.
So i then ran MemTest86 for 2 passes with both RAM sticks. After the two passes i got 5120 errors :( , errors in every test...

Cache-2047M RsvdMem-52M MemMap-e820-std Cache-On ECC-Off Test-std
Pass-2 Errors-5120 Ecc_Errs-0

I've had my pc for only about 3 months.... My specs:

CPU-(Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6850 CPU @ 3.00GHz 1333FSB 4MB L2 Cache 64-bit
Memory-(2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Mushkin or Major Brand)

Is this definitely a RAM problem and do i have to replace? Thanks in advance!

Of course. You do have obvious failures. You have memory which fails two wildly separate tests. Your computer doesn't work. Memory failure is the cause.
You might want to retest one module at a time to see if only one, or both, modules need replacing.
But if you are using "Value Ram" from any manufacturer, I would replace both right away.

if the ram is only 3 months old it should be warranty. check that with the maker of the ram.

Yes it should be. But not many honor the warranty. Only Kingston, Crucial (Micron), and Samsung... We have seen so many that make it difficult, saying the memory must be purchased from an authorized dealer and a receipt or invoice must be available. PNY, Transcend, Buffalo and so many more are tough.

Your word is usually not good enough... you have to have it tested by a cerfified technician or by the home base.

Crucial replaces all memory without a quarrel, as does Kingston.

Buy memory from TigerDirect and see how difficult it is to get replacement for ANY of it.

Thanks for the responses... Sorry for not responding sooner. The ram is Mushkin.
I took out one ram and got 0 errors. Therefore, it is just one of the ram sticks. I bought the pc from an online builder (cyberpowerpc.com) Will my warranty be covered?

Should be. Muskin is decent memory, widely used. I am sure Muskin will replace the memory to CyberpowerPC, with whom they probably have an agreement... But doubt they will replace it with money... only another module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back