Windows 7 32bit minidump - VMWare workstation network bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My OS is windows 7 ultimate 32bit, I used to run VMWare workstation(7.0.0 build-203739) very well(network in NAT or Bridge mode all fine), today I install windows loopback interface to do some test, and I change one of VMWare workstation's server network to bridge mode and bring it up, then the windows goes to coredump.
Then I try to remove the loopback interface from windows, even thous when the anyone of virtual server is running in bridge network mode, still will cause the windows coredump.
Attached file is minicoredump output related to this even, I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    22.5 KB · Views: 6
According to your core file text your error 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers. The thing is it doesn't tell us what driver it is.

Please attach the minidump in your next posting so that we can read it.

The driver cited as your culprit is nwifi.sys which is a Microsoft Windows native wifi driver that should be located in the C:\windows\system32\drivers directory.

It has prevented several drivers from loading such as vpcnfltr.sys which is a Virtual PC Network Filter driver.

It seems you've got a networking problem between Virtual PC and Windows 7 nwifi.sys driver.You are the second person here in a week's time that has had issues with this OS driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back