Windows Boot + hdd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agenttuna

Okay guys, i have a situation.

Windows XP pro

Everytime i boot my computer, i get a blue screen of death for not even a second during the windows loading bar.... then it crashes and loops the whole process again.

I have reinstalled windows +20 times
i have reformatted and done it...
and the problem still persists...

only when the computer goes through the windows loading screen, no where else

is it with windows? or is the problem with the harddrive?
because ive seen the blue screen of death on xp and usaully its only with problems with teh harddrive

see if you can save the dump files and post
805 the time its hardware when it acts like that
and of thos times its the memory, then the video, then who knows what

Okay i didnt really write everything out...

Along with my post, heres some aditions

Windows XP sp1 pro

I dont have a minidump folder(or file, what ever it maybe) so maybe that is the problem?

The way i am able to go get on this computer is by putting in my windows xp disk, and go through the repair/reinstall windows process to get to my desk top(because that i guess is the only way i can get around the bsod at loading screen).
I usually keep this computer on 24/7 unless i install something new, then i reboot, or if im away on a trip.

Again, no mini dump folder...

hope this helps?

check in computer management under events there may be something there.
you did search for .dmp files?
I know this is a leap but if its coming up that fast may be conflict between the processor or the memory and motherboard
get into bios and disable video shadowing
and anything else not needed for a standard boot
like the cdrom or dvd disable them for boot up
if network boot is checked uncheck it

When you say you can`t get into safe mode. What do you mean exactly?

Do you mean the computer won`t boot into safe mode, or do you mean you don`t know how to get into safe mode?

If it`s the latter, just keep tapping the F8 key during boot up. You should then be presented with a boot menu, where you can choose safe mode/safe mode with networking etc.

Open your case, and disconnect anything (including any usb peripherals, or pci cards) not required to boot your system. Just leave one stick of ram/cpu/video card/hard drive.

Clean out any dust, or debris from inside your computer.

Check that your heatsink is properly attached.

Check your motherboard for bulging, or leaking capacitors. See HERE

You might as well post your one minidump file for me to look at. Whether it will give us any useful info is debatable.

Regards Howard :)

he said he can get to safe mode
put the dmp file in zip
and post someone will surely know how to read it.as I am still learning how.
I will be posting my on today

alright here it is

wierd thing is, that this file was also found in the "C:/Documents And settings/allusers/applicationdata/ Dr Watson

thats jsut wierd..

anyways

here it is

Unfortunately that`s not a minidump file, and as such isn`t really of any help.

This may or may not help.

Try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE

Please let us know the results.

Regards Howard :)

well Howard, thats exactly what i do on how to get around the loadingscreen bsod,

and well im sorry that i coudlnt get anything out of my minidumpfile, since i dont have one, i jst searched for a .dmp file

have you look around computer management event viewer
shows on boot and cmd what your machine is doing or not doing.
I would if you cannot find any event problems
take machine apart resit processor and thermo paste resit the heatsink /fan
if more than one stick of memory only add one
turn of caching and video shadowing in bios
use the lowest /optumim bios default setting
make sure all cable are correctly connected
make sure the PSU is rated for your setup
try boot up without the HDD use a nopx or some other type of boot disc if that works put drive back in and try again with a fresh intall
meaning delete the old formatted partition
almost forgot before you add power and change setting in bios reset cmos by the motherboard jumpers
runing setting is 1-2 with power not attached jumper out 2-3 wait 30-40sec's than replace back to 1-2

oi

so im back. With some news...
1) it still doesnt work

2) my comptuer worked one time... I restarted, and well, i didnt get a bsod. so I thought i was fine, although i didnt test it again. which was stupid of me.(but this means, that it can boot some times?)

3) i installed service pack 2, thinking that it would work after i realized i didnt fix it. I am still geting the bsod(and i get around taht by doing a windows repair)

4) i can boot it up in safe mood, and what not...

5) no minidump's still....

6) just to inform you, i've ruled out the os corruption, since i have reformatted when i had the same problem, and still have the same thing. I've also ruled out memory, since i have changed the ram.

now i think it is just the harddrive

please.. i beg of some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back