Windows Drive not ready error message

Hello everyone

Im glad I found this site, I have a problem with my cd drive. When I try to load a disk into my drive all I get is the following message -

Windows - Drive not ready
Exception processing message
c00000a3 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c75b6bf7c

Does anyone have any clues on a fix?

Thanks - Mike

Your error is 0xA3: ACPI_DRIVER_INTERNAL
An inconsistency in the ACPI driver is so severe that continuing to run would cause serious problems. One possible source of this problem is a BIOS error.

ACPI – Advanced Configuration and Power Interface

Microsoft supplies the ACPI driver as part of the operating system. On systems that have an ACPI BIOS, the HAL causes the ACPI driver to be loaded during system start-up at the base of the device tree, where the driver acts as the interface between the operating system and the BIOS. The ACPI driver is transparent to other drivers.

* Strongly suggest you update your BIOS. OR it could be that the drive is either dying OR the cables should be checked.

Tell us about your system, i.e. did you or a friend build it or was this sytem built my a company such as Dell, HP, etc.?

Also, do you have any friends with working tech knowledge?

Alright the computer is 6 years old and is an Emachine. I just need her to make it for a few more months and then it will be replaced.

I found my BIOS version and number, and went to the EMachine website and looked up an update for the model number of my computer, the only thing listed under the BIOS tab was a warning in red ink saying make sure you use the right BIOS etc... but there was no update there or anything for me to grab onto...just a warning, so Im guessing there is no update for my system?

Hmm, that is one of the problems with eMachines in that often what you need after the time is not there. There are many issues with eMachines. Before proceeding I want to suggest that if you can have someone build you a system. We'll be more than glad to help you pick out the parts and build you a solid PC. These two questions must be answered by you when the time comes: a) What is your budget? and b) What do you want to do with your system?

Anyway, let's go with the simplest thing first. Since your system is 6 years old it could very well be your issue is with the CD drive itself. The average is 2 to 5 years. Some will last longer while others shorter. I've been a victim of the latter. :blackeye:

So, first open up your system (powered down and would be a good idea to unplug it from its power source). Touch the side of your case to discharge any possible static electricity build up and check to see if the cable from your motherboard to drive is securely attached. Do this for the motherboard as well.

The cable will look like a wide gray ribbon. If you have another one of these ribbons not being used switch it out with the old one.

* What are the results?

Well after crackin that pig open and cleaning out the 7 layers of dust, I found everything to be intact and well connected.

Im begining to think the drive (like the computer) is old and tired...

I appreciate your help Route44, it looks like I have ran out of options.

- Mike

Woa, dust will cause serious heat build-up and cause a number of problems. It sounds like it was impacting your cpu. I'm curious on how it will run now. Did you use a can of compressed air? If not and you want to never turn it upside down and just use short bursts.

Find the make of your harddrive, go to the manufacture's website and download and burn to a CD their free harddrive diagnostic utility. Run both short and long tests, especially the long one.

Back