Windows Genuine Validation

anttg408

So recently I have been getting asked about this genuine validation and when I try to resolve this and install it, it says I already have it downloaded/installed. Then It tells me if thats the case, then go uninstall it through your control panel. I check to see if its on there and it isn't and i keep getting these pop ups telling me to validate my windows genuine or something like that please help!

Thank you.

In all my years both professionally and personally, I don't think I've ever seen Windows tell me that I needed to uninstall the Windows Genuine Advantage file.!?.!?

Normally when installing Operating Systems, during the setup I usually select the "activate Windows when an Internet connection has been established".

And don't take this the wrong way or anything, but when people complain about problems with the Microsoft Genuine Advantage tool, like you are, it sometimes means that someone has themselves a "bogus" Operating System, hence.....an illegal version, who's key code is already in use out there.

If you've got yourself a "legit" copy, I would advise to re-install, but this time during the setup, select "activate Windows when an Internet connection has been established"! That way it's Windows responsibility to activate itself, not the users. But this is also determined by which copy of Windows your trying to use. Win XP, Win 2000, Win Vista, Win 7 ect. ect. ect.

...I don't think I've ever seen Windows tell me that I needed to uninstall the Windows Genuine Advantage file.!?.!?
@Zen: I've never seen that exact dialogue either but there are many instances where Genuine Advantage Validation can become compromised/corrupted on a legit system:
-- Use of registry cleaners
-- Defragging a 'dirty' HDD/partition containing the System and afterwards running CHKDSK /f /r
-- Powering-off-during, or failed Windows Updates
In fact, legitimate validation errors in previously Validated Windows installations is common enough that Microsoft publishes tools to diagnose and fix them.

@anttg408: To check your version of Windows Genuine Advantage Validation and possibly to fix any errors:
-- Bing/Google Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool (MGADiag.exe) for your version of Windows. Download and save to a convenient folder.
-- When you run the Tool, you will be greeted by the About tab that reads, in part:
The Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool provides detailed information about the.... components and settings currently on your system. This tool allows you to diagnose and automatically resolve problems in some cases.
The rest is self-explanatory.

There is no communication with Microsoft unless you specifically authorize it. So, even if the impossible occurred and you did some hanky-panky, you will be able to mend your evil ways, repent and move into the blessed light of Bill Gates' forgiveness.

In any further posts, please mention:
-- Your version of Windows and how it was installed; ie., upgrade, clean install, etc.;
-- Whether you've used registry cleaners and, if so, whether you have the backups;
-- Any recent crashes, hardware failures, power losses, disk checks, defrags.

even if the impossible occurred and you did some hanky-panky, you will be able to mend your evil ways, repent and move into the blessed light of Bill Gates' forgiveness.

Never quite visioned Bill Gates as being some sort of Pastor who has rays of blessed light of forgiveness! o_O

Yes, mend your possible evil ways and bow down before Pastor Gates and repent, repent like you've never repented before! And if he thinks you repentance was "Microsoft Genuine Advantage" worthy, he may just forgive you and maybe, just maybe, he'll give you the CD key codes to the kingdom! :D

Yeah, me neither. I was reading the holy Bhagavad Gita while making my post and got the "B-G"'s mixed up. But in support of his 'blessedness' ---he did manage to get Warren Buffett to nearly match his $38B endowment to his Foundation, which really is doing remarkable work. So, he is shining a light of sorts. Unfortunately, again perhaps, for the OP, that light will not illuminate the way to those Kingdom CD Key Codes.

Amen.

Then It tells me if thats the case, then go uninstall it through your control panel. I check to see if its on there and it isn't and i keep getting these pop ups telling me to validate my windows genuine or something like that please help!

This reeks of malware.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen malware pose as WGA, so this may not be an actual WGA issue at all.

This reeks of malware.
Very interesting read at the provided link... and that being six years old! If that nasty bit of malware has been "improved" upon since then, then it may now be a real terror.

Aside: @Rick: It looks like you're sporting an Edwardian-styled shirt and jacket. Are you really that old or are you going for the "fluffy shirt" look ala "Seinfeld"? :cool:

Aside: @Rick: It looks like you're sporting an Edwardian-styled shirt and jacket. Are you really that old or are you going for the "fluffy shirt" look ala "Seinfeld"? :cool:

LOL. That's not the first time someone has commented on my shirt. I might need a new picture. :)

I'm wearing a button up shirt and sweater -- I swear it isn't a pirate-like, puffy shirt... honest. :)

Back