Windows Live Messenger 2011 upgrade fails

ConchitaInOz

Hi, Have been trying for days to install Windows Live Messenger 2011 Vista.

First I tried to do the upgrade when I was no longer allowed to otherwise log into messenger. (I have learned from past experiences that it doesn't pay to be first for these things...) Didn;t work...

Then I tried to remove programs, install. Used windows installer cleaner, tried to use the offline installation and still get the same error: Tried with ZoneAlarm turned off, and on. With windows filrewall turned on as some posts suggested....

none of the wl programs installed... Couldn't install programs

It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working.
Error : 0x80070643
Source: Watson-x64

It does, however, create a Windows Live directory and Windows Mail was never removed and there appears to be no way of doing this short of re-formatting the hard drive.
Went back and did a system restore to before any of the upgrades and started again with multiple and different ways.

I have been using messenger for many years now to video conference with my o/s nephews and it has been working acceptably for a long time. This is the worst messenger upgrade ever by far. I can not comment on the final product as I have not seen it yet!

Any ideas on how to clean it out completely so I can install it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!.

Thanks in advance for any new ideas...

Sounds like you may be right, waitinf for microsoft to get back to me, it's been 5 days since I sent them my logs....

Back