Windows Live OneCare error

Status
Not open for further replies.
when installing wloc i got this error 0036-80070643. tried to contact faqs and support but no success. searches come up blank and there´s no link i can follow to email support. just going in circles from wloc support to microsoft support and wloc again. all i know by reading the few lines about this in the faqs is that this is related to XP SP3. can anyone help me? thanks.

You may have seen this page HERE but someone might find it useful. ;)

Summary -

Method 1: Remove third-party firewall or antivirus programs

Method 2: Install the Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 Service Pack 5

Method 3: Uninstall and then reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

Method 4: Verify that the Windows Installer service is running

Method 5: Install Windows Live OneCare in Selective Startup mode

OneCare error code 0036-80070643

Buzinas said:
when installing wloc i got this error 0036-80070643. tried to contact faqs and support but no success. searches come up blank and there´s no link i can follow to email support. just going in circles from wloc support to microsoft support and wloc again. all i know by reading the few lines about this in the faqs is that this is related to XP SP3. can anyone help me? thanks.
I tried everything listed on this post to no avail. After 5 hours, I uninstalled the SP3 service pack for XP and tried to install OneCare. Guess what it installed with no problem. I then went to Windows update and re-installed SP3. Everything works great. As an aside, my computer would not let me un-install the net framework 2.0 nor would it let me install a newer version of net framework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back