Windows media player sound problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helixeagle

Hey people,

I recently got a problem within Windows media player (It was working before) when I play MP3's I get no sound, this also applies to videos encoded with DIVX. It's as simple as that, The only thing I can think of is some codec’s messed it up, but even so I have completely forgotten on how to remove the codec’s (where are they located etc)

I can play the files in other players like VLC completely fine, and although this is an easy get around I really would prefer them to be played through WMP. Any ideas guys? Thanks a lot.

-Mike

Make sure that your Media Player, and dvix codecs are updated. You can check for Media Player at microsoft updates, and you can get and install the latest copy of divx at www.divx.com. Might also see if you have any hardware updates at the windows update site.

Thanks for the reply and help,

I have checked and have the latest version of both, i suspect a dodgey codec only because this is the last thing i remember doing before it went soundless, installing a codec. Could you refresh me on how to remove the codecs, even if its all of them im not bothered to reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back