Windows not booting Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here it goes. I recently built a computer roughly 6 months ago, with the following specs, AMD Athlon 3500 +, Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo, Seagate Barricuda 160 GB HD (SATA), ATI Radeon 9800 XT. I Installed Windows XP Pro SP 2 on it and it worked fine for about those 6 months. Then Recently I got a critical system error, and it restarted I didnt install any new hardware or software, this error just happened for no reason, and it would get to right before the windows logo screen and freeze. I would restart it again, and then it would bring me to the "Choose windows boot mode" screen. I can boot into safe mode, but if i choose any other option such as, Boot windows from last good config, or Boot windows normally, it would freeze right at that menu.

So i decided to reformat it and do a fresh install of windows. I reinstalled it, and it loaded fine, i started to put all the drivers and such back on, and they would load on fine. After 3 or so restarts it wouldnt boot again, and it would exhibit the same errors as before, getting stuck and not booting at that same screen. I figured it could possibly be a hardware issue, so i ran some diagnostics on the Hard Drive, Ram, CPU, and they seemed to check out fine.
I even changed the hard drive to the mobos other hard drive controller figuring ithe hd controller could be messed up, and still the same problemI then changed the Ethernet card, instead of using the Onboard, and i was still getting the same errors. I have reformatted several times now, and it is exhibiting the same problems roughly after 3 or so restarts. I am truthfully stuck here and i can't think of what the problem can be and have ran out of all the options i can check. If any of you guys out there could help me out, I would appreciate it greatly! Thanks again.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Originally posted by cpc2004.

When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 and a minidump to the folder c:\windows\minidump. Check system event 1001 and it has the content of the blue screen

Event ID: 1001
Source: Save Dump
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was : 0xc000000a (0xe1270188, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804032100).
Microsoft Windows..... A dump was saved in: .......

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001. Copy the content and paste it back here

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach the zip files here.

Once we have your minidumps we may be able to help you.

Regards Howard :) :)

That is kind of a problem, When i restart, i dont get any errors, it just freezes before windows loads, and it doesnt boot normally. So the only way i can get into windows is safe mode, and i dont get any blue screens, it just doesnt boot :( This is a fresh format, and there is no minidump folder :( So im not sure what to do

I`m sorry. My mistake.

When in safe mode try uninstalling all the drivers one at a time that you put in after the reformat. Then see if you can start your system normally.

Keep doing this untill hopefully your system will start properly. Keep a note of which drivers you have uninstalled.

The reason I`m saying this, is because it maybe a driver conflict of some sort.

Regards Howard :)

Well, Ive Uninstalled All the Drivers, since the reformat, one by one to see if there is any changes in booting, and there is none, still wont boot normally
what do you reccomend i do next?

Mmm.

Whatever I say is gonna be just a shot in the dark.

Check the mobo for domed, or leaking capacitors. Look HERE for more info.

How many sticks of ram do you have?

Try booting with just a single stick of ram. maybe try swapping your ram to a different dimm slot.

Check in your bios, and make sure everything is set to the default settings.

Disconnect anything not required to make the system boot into Windows.

If I think of anything else, I`ll let you know

Regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back