Windows will not load or hangs shortly after starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

first i want to say thanks for anything that is offered.

Alright when i boot my system, it will either not load windows or will hang just minutes after loading. The only time it will work without hanging is to boot into safe mode, and then it all seems to work good. I have done no updates to my computer. in the last 3 weeks, but system has only started acting up in the last 2 weeks. once system hangs, it will not boot into windows again without me forcing boot into safe mode. other wise, it will continuously reboot as it hangs during the loading, then reinitializes,al the way back to the POST. one other thing that may help with any comments, is the fact that when i click start - shutdown it takes 1-2 minute for the shutdown dialog box to pop up.

again, thanks for the help

Ran both spybot and ad-aware

rush_mee said:
Plz try running a spyware scan;try a last known good config,try a repair if u wish,,with the os cd.

I ran both ad-aware and spybot no problems found and ran a repair, it still keeps cycling through windows initializing and then back to the POST, occasionally it will load all the way and then the system will hang after a couple of minutes. same as before. i am wits end and am afraid i might have to do a complete reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back