Windows XP blue screen error

Hi, yesterday I recieved a Blue Screen Error, and I'm puzzled as to how I can fix it, I'll try and give you the details of what lead to me getting the error, and what the error is.

I'll start with what the error is called:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBD2753DB, 0xA4F5C86C, 0x00000000)

This error comes up every time I start my PC up, it will get to the desktop then the screen goes black and the blue screen error comes up. My PC was restarting automatically and going into a loop before I made it so that I could actually read the error.

I'm not that great with computers but I can follow instructions so if you have any ideas on what I could do to fix this problem, give me some readable instructions andI will try it.

This error came up after I attempted to do a system restore, because while I was playing League of Legends, the graphics were fuzzy, and I recently downloaded some Java update which I believe caused it.

I'm running on Windows XP Home Edition SP3, with AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual, Core Processor 4600+ 2.41 GHz, 1.93 GB RAM.

The bug check code is non specific and could be a number of things. From the symptons you have supplied it sounds like a graphics problem, I doubt (although anything is possible) that the Java update would mess up the graphics.

Can you get it to boot into safe mode with networking?

If so please post the minidump files. Or, can you hook the drive to another PC to get the dump files, they will be in C:/windows/minidump

If you can get hold of the dump files please zip them up into one folder and then follow this:

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.

Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less than five just zip up what you have).

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

Yeah, I'm can get on Safe Mode with network.

Heres my Minidump files, hope I did it correctly.

Attachments

• Ny(tt) Komprimerad mapp.zip
    175.5 KB · Views: 6
Every minidump is the same, wish they were all this easy. It is your display adaptor driver, Nvidia.

Start up in safe mode and go into Device Manager, click on the + next to display adaptors and then right click on the Nvidia graphics device and select uninstall. Close the screens and you should now be able to boot back into normal mode.

Once in normal mode go to the Nvidia site and download the latest driver for your card and install it.

I'm in Device manage but the only thing there that is nVIDIA related is called 'NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator'.

Nevermind - I misunderstood ;) I've found the thing you said.

Update: You're a f-cking LEGEND mate! It's fixed now, cheers mate.

Back