Windows XP Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing a system restore and when it restarted the blue screen error came up, "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Disable or uninstall and anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utiliies. Check your hard drive configuration, check for any updated drivers Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, then restart your computer... STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x086D76EF0, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)" When i restarted the computer the dell loading screen came up then the screen says, windows did not start successfully ect. choose windows start up, safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with comand prompt, last know good configuration, start windows normally. No matter what i choose the microsoft windows xp loading bar dosent make it half way across the screen and then the same blue screen error comes up again. And i cant even make it to my desktop to follow any of the instructions. What is going on?

thanks

Please see:
Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM:
http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html

Also Windows XP: Windows Stop Error 0x00000024: http://tinyurl.com/2n957v

Note reference to the Event Viewer:
Follow this path:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

You are right of course! Must have had a lapse- thinking that BSOD isn't as damning as the black screen though- hoping there would be some way in. I 'd like to see him try booting into Safe Mode "before" Windows would begin loading, using the tapping of F8 key.

Try booting into safe mode .

i reread your problem, looks like you have the safe mode. Try this . Put your windows operating system disk into your cd rom. Boot from this like you were to
reinstall windows.When it get the window asking you to install or repair,select
repair. when it ask which one select the , select the one you are using. When it ask for a password,don't enter one just press enter. You should see a command
prompt. Type chkdsk /r. Let it run. When it finishes type exit. Reboot and Try again. This might take 30 minutes.This might take 2 hours. Be patient.

sweet thanks guys, ill have 2 try it later though, we have a crap load of trees that fell during this ice storm and i have to clean them up and help the neighbors. and just so ur not confused im on a diff computer doing this form and my desktop is the one thats f up. so dont waste ur time saying "go to search then run then ect..."

thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back