Windows XP "Lagging" - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamenNoodles

Hey all,

Ive been having this problem with my computer for a while now. It started when i installed Vista Ultimate OEM and I was having some problems playing BF2 so I reinstalled XP. After I reinstalled it. My bf2 stopped working, so i purchased a new copy and it worked fine. During this whole time I was getting this sputtering type thing. I know that an OS cannot technically "lag" but in laments terms, it was doing this lagging type thing.

I would go to move my mouse and about every half .5-1 second it would like skip around. Like if I was to move my mouse from one side of the screen to another, It would pause then skip a few inches. And it would constantly be doing this. Also my sound would start to do this. IE, a song would be playing and it would make this stuttering noise. Even when I went to log off when I was restarting, the logging off noise that windows make would stutter.

So whenever this happened I would just reboot my rig and all would be swell. Sometimes the lagging type thing would start out after a few minutes, but 90% of the time if would act up about a few hours into it being on.

And just 3 days ago, the problem got worse. After about 1 minute of being logged into windows ( Past start up screen and into my account ) stuff would start to freeze up. The lagging thing was not the problem. The whole OS would just begin to freeze up. About ever 20 seconds or so it would tense up for about 10-20 seconds not allowing me to do anything at all, no mouse movements or anything. Rebooting does not fix this. I did control + alt + delete and got to command prompt. And I went to the CPU meter and the explorer (not IE) the actual explorer back running program was spiking to 100% causing it to freeze up.

Any info on how to fix this problem would be awesome

Thanks in advance

OEM as in purchased it at a computer show. It is a legal copy, I assure you its not illegal. Everything is legit with the OS. I did a HJT log and my friend AtK Spade sent it to Howard. I will ask if he can post the log on this bulletin so that others can view it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back