Windows XP Pro Boot-up Runtime error 53

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesealstudio

After countless hours of browsing the web, running Norton, adaware, spybot, hijackthis, system mechanic, and checking my msconfig start up I finally discovered I cant fix this.
The PC boots fine up untill you log in and it processes my start and process information. It seems to hang longer than normal and I get a screen with no icons and just my background. Soon a runtime error 53 appears : file not found and after clicking ok my pc continues to boot. I've checked logs to see if there was a problem but now I seem stuck. If anyone can offer assistance it would be much appreciated.

I can submit logs if they are needed and such.

Wicki
Whiteseal Studios

whitesealstudios@verizon.net

I'd go back and uninstall any programs that you may have recently added. There maybe a conflict with that program and your OS. It's worth a shot.

It is quite likely the last program you installed. See if you can change the startup option (i.e. don't start with windows) in MSconfig (Startup tab)

Did this error start occurring just out of the blue?

Tells something about programmers too; runtime error 53 is "file not found" -error in (at least) Visual C++ and Visual Basic.

I agree with previous replies that it's probably an application you've (or someone has) installed, because operating system's internal errors look a bit different (usually they don't tell you that much ;) ).

formatting?

I have the same Runtime Error 53 pop-up when I log onto my workspace, and I can't get rid of it. How do you format it and reinstall? I'd appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!

@inthesunset

welcome to Techspot

First of all u need a Windows XP Installation CD

Get/Buy a OS CD then insert it to the cdrom

in the next step press Del while pc starts then choose "Boot from" section and move Cdrom to first choise Harddisk to second

Then apply the settings from BIOS after this restart the computer and do a fresh install of OS with formatting NTFS option..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back