Windows XP setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an IBM Thinkpad Lenovo T60 with Windows XP installed on it. This was a company laptop and I am trying to reinstall XP on it. It boots up with the company black screen logon. I get the following error message:
Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on & properly connected to your computer and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program.
I do not have the program to run. I am also not very pc smart. Can someone help me with this?
Thanks.

Your hard drive is a SATA hard drive (serial ata). You need to download the SATA driver as XP does not come with most of them. Get it from the manufacturers website. The drivers are ordinarily installed shortly after the F6 prompt (for third party drivers) and a floppy drive is needed. Do you have a floppy drive available?

If not, you can make a slipstream CD to install the SATA driver. Please google for the procedure for making the slipstream CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back