Winrar problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux44

hi
could any one please help what does( crc break or crc currupted)in winrar and how should i repair it?
thanks

no i mean wheni want to extract the file it give me this error
i mean if you download 1 gig file from rapidshare.com they split the orginal file and i have to join them again but it will give me error for some of the file like file number 3 has been currupted
thanks

It means exactly that - the file is corrupt. Download it again.

Of course, the file may have been uploaded as broken. In that case, there's nothing you can do.

You may get this error from broken hardware too. Bad RAM or a bad hard drive.

if re-download does not work
test with known good file if that does not work
move temp folder out of default dir
could be you don't have enough space

I have also seen this happen with an old version of winrar. So you may try a new version, or a free program that can handle rars.

hi
thanks for response but this is not my problem let give you a concept of what happining
i have download a need for speed pro street and becaus it is 5 gb they can not put 5gb in rapidshare in one go therefore they splited in 100mb piece which is maximum file allowd for rapidshare.com.
now my problem is i have download all the 5gb which is 50 x 100mb file and i have to join them by winrar because they have been splited by winrar when i try to join them it will do but in the middle file 23 have problem which winrar said the file has been corrupted and stop joining them while the file is fully functional and working but i dont know what is the matter with winrar ?
and just to let you know this is the comman error i get ,it happen to me most of the time and there most be the way to fix them
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back