WinXp Home Freezes for several minutes if Word opened while IS6 is on or vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinaya_pande

WinXp Home Freezes for several minutes if Word opened while IE6 is on or vice versa

I am on WinXP Home. If I am working on Word (2003) and start IE (6), or the other way round, the Computer stops responding ("hangs" or "freezes"). Sometimes, the freeze occurs on turning on the Modem or the Internet Connection. The first to freeze is the Taskbar & Notification Area, and Control-Alt-Del also doesn't work. Then, after some time, the Desktop Shortcuts also hang. I have no recourse, except resetting or turning off power. If I don't use these artifices, for fear of disk damage, I just have to wait patiently, usually for 10 minutes (if not longer), for the Computer to unhang. This is annoying and (to use local slang) "tensionizing". I seek advice/guidance from expert "Techspot"ters on this terribly offputting experience.

IF you have a laptop, it may be a heat issue.
IF your RAM is low, it may be a memory issue.
OR it may be something else.

The easiest way to troubleshoot is to find the Error(S) in the Event Viewer that correspond to the crash or freeze: Follow this path:

Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

You will be seeing multiple Errors, repeating. IF the ID# is the same, is the Source is the same and if the Description is the same, I only need only copy of the Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back