WinXP Restart Dump File included...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my notebook has been getting BSOD and restarting a lot. I just replaced the memory and the issue still occurs...so I know this is not the problem. Here's the error code I'm getting:

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 0000000D BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

The last 5 minidumps are installed...any ideas?

looks to be software related however there are some common system faults with system files which can point to hardware sometimes.

Make sure that your memory is properly seated.

First I would try uninstalling AVG and see if the problem persist -> I would then do a clean install of AVG if it fixes the problem or even if it doesn't -> if the problem comes back after a clean install you may need to use an alternative such as Avast! Also make sure that AOL programs are not loading at started

I would also suggest that you go HERE -> scan for nasties and post the logs as ATTACHMENTS in the security section of the forums.

If after all that the problem persist you may want to try

Start-> Run-> type in SFC /scannow

This causes SFC to scan your system immediately. Have your installation CD or equivalent available in case SFC needs to replace a damaged file.

If SFC replaces any system files reboot.

Hi al my windows xp home frozen and after reset it writes this:

BCCode : 19 BCP1 : 00000020 BCP2 : 8514B2E8 BCP3 : 8514B388
BCP4 : 0A140001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

and it creates files like
C:DOCUME~1AdminLOCALS~1TempWER8ae6.dir00Mini122307-03.dmp
C:DOCUME~1AdminLOCALS~1TempWER8ae6.dir00sysdata.xml

i have asus...

Linkman can you please go to C:\windows\minidump\minidump.dmp

And attach the file IN A NEW THREAD

This thread is for the use of CallMeDPit only. Please don't post your own problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our forum.

Thanks guys, I tried uninstalling AVG last night, and it seemed to fix the issue. I'll keep playing with the laptop and see if the issue continues or not.

It was a pretty clean install of XP, so it couldn't be any sort of virus or anything. Crossing my fingers that removing AVG resolved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back