Wireless Connection Disconnecting numerous times per hour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,

I've recently encountered a problem in which my 'linksys 3' connection keeps disconnecting numerous times per hour. For example, when I log on my laptop, it says I'm connected with an 'Excellent' signal, then 4-5 minutes later, it becomes disconnected, by which a yellow exclamation sign will appear on the connection logo (I use windows vista home premium), but sometimes it stays connected for at least 1 hour before disconnecting again. Every time that happens, I have to switch the wireless switch on and off for it to connect again. Also, sometimes it disconnects again after mere seconds of reconnecting. There is also my sister's laptop which is connected to the router by a LAN cable, I'm not sure if that would affect it, but this is the first time it has happened, and now it's becoming really annoying and frustrating.

Hardware:

Toshiba Satellite
Cable Modem
Linksys router (silver model)

Ive had some porblems maintaining my wireless signal. For mine though I think it was a combination of vista and uTorrent or the rubbish router that im forced to use.

Mine doesnt happen that often though, not sure what could be causing it.

What's new? Router or wireless access net card? Which ever one your using is defective. To many lan and wan disconnections are signs of either bad router or wireless access net card or bad firmware. Connection should be stable.

The router is new, and I'm using the built in wireless in the laptop...and the connection was fine at different wireless spots except here...so I think it is the router that's the problem.

jabs1090 said:
The router is new, and I'm using the built in wireless in the laptop...and the connection was fine at different wireless spots except here...so I think it is the router that's the problem.

Take back the router since it's new? Otherwise firmware update but that might not solve the problem if the hardware in the new router is faulty.

I have to wait till the next time I go away to take it back, because I didn't buy it from where I am now. That's why I want to find a way to fix this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back