Wireless Problems on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay recently I've been helping my father with his laptop(why everyone comes to me for computer help is beyond me) and the laptop cannot see any networks, not the one I have in the house and not even some of the neighbors.

Everything was working fine until the cable went out and when it came back on Vista isnt seeing any networks. I am able to connect straight from the modem to the router and to the laptop using ethernet but if I unplug it and try to access the router wireless then there is nothing.

I've tried everything from firewalls to power management and nothing. It would be something if I can at least see the networks let alone connect to it.

Please help, I've got limited time doing this so I have to figure things out by tomorrow morning. Thanks for any future support

Might sound silly, but does he have a switch on the case somewhere to turn the wireless on and off? I've tried fixing a few laptops that appeared to be working and setup just fine, only to find out they have a switch on the case that was OFF. Give that a look.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.
A message for all newcomers.
SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.
Thanks.

i'm having the exact same problem too! i have vista and everything worked fine before the cable guy came, and now it can't pick up any wireless signals at all, not even my neighbors', i have another laptop with xp and the wireless works fine with it, but i need the vista comp and i don't know what to do

and the switch is definitely on, usually the light would go from red if it was switched off, and then to blue when it was on, but now it's red even if the switch is turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back