x800xl

Status
Not open for further replies.
A can of compressed air is the only real way to clean components/memory on videocards or just about any electronic component. You don't want to blow with your mouth though as you'll get saliva that could short fragile components that way.

Pick-up a can of compressed air if your memory chips, gpu fan or heatsink are getting clogged up with dust and debris.

If you're talking about cleaning thermal compound- as in you had heatsinks on your memories and installing new ones, with the board outside the PC- use isopropyl alcohol with a lint-free cloth to clean off any thermal compound. Let this dry fully before applying new compound if affixing heatsinks or memory cooling.

no, you now that every graphic card has memory like 125 or 250 and other.how can i clean a little bit of that memory???

What do you mean by "clean"? Do you mean like erase what is stored on that memory? Because you can't do that since the only things stored there are textures rendered by the videocard.

You should say "how can I free up this memory"... I don't think you can, but you can allocate or unallocate some of the video memory in the bios

panos_gr said:
tmagic plz explain how???

Please explain why you want to "clean" video memory in the first place. Are you afraid that someone could read this memory and see what you have been looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back