XP: 1 license 2 computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackScarlet

My mother is having repeated and consistent unexplainable problems with Vista, that even myself, as a long time computer buff, can not logically deduce. This is quite consistent with a lot of things I have been hearing about what seems to be the least navigable, and most dumbed down OS microsoft has had the misfortune to release yet.

I said, mom, I will see if I can install the XP that is on my disk at home, on your computer, to make it easier for both of us.

The question I have for you is: If I have the same XP installed on two separate computers, will the WinLogon and the Genuine Advantage Validation tools notice this serial duplication and raise a flag?

This would be my only concern, similar to cracking programs with auto-update features could get you blacklisted. However, I have paid for this copy of XP.

Any relevant input would be appreciated.

~Scarlet~

It will raise flag due to the hardware configuration, unless you have the identical.

You can just go out and buy the windows xp home COA instead.

You've bought one license & are entitled to use it on one computer, end of story. We cannot help circumvent the protections put in place by Microsoft.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back