xp blue screen message

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Norton 360 a few weeks ago, I immediatley started getting blue screens so I uninstalled it. The blue screens continue and I now get the following when I try to print
0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x89433770, 0x894338e4, 0x805fa160) the final three sets of figures seem to change every time it crashes. I am not a bcomputer wizzkid my knowledge of windows is not brilliant so please be gentle.

Boot into safe mode by pressing F8 then selecting safe mode from the menu.

You need to make sure all of that Norton crapware is gone, below may help.

Download either the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes from within this link - https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Then, disconnect from the net and completely uninstall Symantec/Norton. If you have any problems in uninstalling the programme, take a look at this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic57112.html

Once you`ve completely uninstalled Symantec/Norton, reboot your system and install whichever firewall programme you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose. Reboot your system the required number of times and reconnect to the net. Run the antivirus updates.

Do yourself a favour, never ever install that rubbish again.

many thanks

Amazing!!!

I downloaded the program ran it and everything seems to be working fine!!!
Why are we not warned about problems like this more importantly why are companies allowed to produce software that seems to damage our computers, If I had not come to this forum I was about tyo buy a new HD as that is what I was advised to do.

Thank you very much for your help.

Taffallan

If you would like you can read the instructions in the Security and the Web forum and do just an HJT log then post it here as an attachment and i can check that all of the Norton rubbish is truly gone for you.

Hello TAFFALLAN and welcome to Techspot.

As rik says post an HJT lof in the security and web forum and we could check it over.

To download Hijackthis click HERE

And then read this, to see how to post an HJT log.

Regards Jase

TAFFALLAN said:
Amazing!!!

I downloaded the program ran it and everything seems to be working fine!!!
Why are we not warned about problems like this more importantly why are companies allowed to produce software that seems to damage our computers, If I had not come to this forum I was about tyo buy a new HD as that is what I was advised to do.

Thank you very much for your help.

Taffallan

Thats the perils of writing software. Every new piece of software will have problems for some people, it's unavoidable because no matter how much QA a person does there will always be someone out there with an unpredictable setup on both hardware and software on there end. Most writers know what I'm probably talking about. Just think about all the different configurations ppl have out there. Mix that up by a factor of a thousand times with all the different programs people run on EACH of there machines that might conflict with yours and you got yourself what seems to be an impossible task to write software that will run on every machine flawlessly. Don't even go to gaming.. thats just a whole other issue there. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back