XP Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all......I have a HP (with xp home) and I wanted to get to safe mode, so i went to Run...and typed msconfig and changed the boot.ini to safeboot. When I restarted my computer, it comes up with a black screen that says

We Apologize for the inconvience but windows didn't start successfully..blah blah blah..

It then gave me 5 options:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with networking
Safe Mode with command prompt
Last known good configeration
Start windows normally

No matter what option I choose, the computer restarts and comes back to this black screen.

I have tried pressing F8 when the computer restarts, and it gives me the advanced options, but no matter what I choose, it always restarts and comes back to that black screen.

I don't have any CDs that came with my computer, because XP Home is on a partition on the Hard Drive

I read the help book that comes with the computer and it says to press F10 when the HP logo screen comes up after a restart. This is suppose to bring up the system recovery...but nothing happens.

I am actually on a friends computer writting this

Does any one have any ideas??...I am really stuck..

Thanks
Trish

well if u want it to go into sage mode then just select safe mode, if u want to get back to regular mode then select last know configuration. i have this same problem with my laptop, i dunno y it happens.

Yeh, but as I said, it doesn't matter what option I choose, it just restarts and goes back to that same black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back