XP Crashes including BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

abit late

Hi Guys

Windows is crashing once every one to three days and its driving me nuts. Its very intermittent and I'm not getting anywhere while trying to troubleshoot. I have tried all of the pinned suggestions to no avail. Event viewer always reports the following error codes:

Error code 00000044, parameter1 83ffda20, parameter2 00000d62, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Could someone please take a look at the attached minidump? I have also attached a pic of the blue screen. There is only one minidump file because others have disappeared from the windows/minidump folder which I find odd. But when opened in notepad they appear to be the same and end with kmixer.sys. I don't know how significant this is and would be truly grateful if someone could help.

Thanks

Al

Inaccessible minidump

Hi,

Your minidump is inaccessible and it is the sign of faulty ram. Run memtest to stress test the ram.

Hi cpc2004

Thanks a lot for your reply. Before I posted I ran memtest for 24hrs and got no errors. I have also run prime95 for about 10 hrs with no errors. I am only getting these craches every 4 or 5 days and it never happens when my machine is being used - always happens when I am away!

It has just happened again and I have used dumpchk.exe to read the attached new dumpfile. There are lots of references to kmixer.sys but reading dump files is new to me and I don't know how to interpret the info.

Thanks for your time.

Al

Hi,

Maybe your windows may have two culprits
1 Your windows install ZoneAlarm and your version has known problem. De-install ZA
2. Faulty ram. Some faulty ram can pass memtest. Reseat the memory module to another memory slot.

BugCheck 44, {8404f8b0, d62, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : TIAU5CO.sys ( TIAU5CO+5e63 )

Hi,

I recently reseated the RAM modules and am currently running memtest again. I'll buy some more RAM if I have to.

TIAU5CO.sys appears to be a driver file that is associated with my Copperjet ADSL modem. I do have ZA installed - if this is a known problem I will check the ZA forum to see if I can resolve this without losing ZA. I tried to work out which driver was being loaded at the time of the crash with the use of pstat.exe but did not manage to relate an exception address to a driver file from pstat.

By the way, all drivers were the lastest when I posted the dump except for the audio drivers. Yesterday I installed Realtek's latest AC'97 Codec with the hope that this may fix the problem because I noticed from the dumpchk that the "unloaded modules" seemed to be related to sound - kmixer.sys and Dmusic.sys - are the "unloaded modules" of no relevance?

Thanks, I am very grateful for your help with this.

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back