XP reports no native drivers for installation of anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

I've just attempted to install a flatbed scanner (Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus) on my winXP SP2 pro. I've rebooted the machine after installation as the cd advised, but it hadn't installed.
I attempted to the install, with no success, from the CD. The next action I took was to attempt to install from a specific location, and to select a device from the list. What I've discovered is that for every device in that list, the result is "Unable to find any drivers for this device".

Well, I'm stumped. Any ideas? This install is a sp2 install, not an sp2 update, so that's not it.

Absolutely, I've tried that on this machine to no avail - the problem appears to be not specific to this peripheral, but after loading the driver cd it seems that WinXP won't load or see any drivers for any new devices.

On a different sp2 machine, it appears that I stand corrected. XP won't recognise ANY driver for the scanner, even following those links.

Damn. I`m sorry to hear that.

So the Mustek drivers didn`t work either.

I don`t know what else to suggest.

Maybe getting rid of sp2 would help. Then again it`s probably better to just get another scanner.

Regards Howard :)

Getting rid of SP2 from an SP2 cd is pretty hard. lol Besides, a new scanner is better.

Anyways, no need to be sorry, and thankyou...

...that thread on the PB forums is one I read before posting here. I tried again when you posted it to no avail....

Then, looking at it again, I relised what I needed to do from page 6. I needed to edit the model in the INF. How stupid am I?

Better still though, it seems that the PB drivers are completely unnessecary, so I'm sticking completely with the mustek ones.

Thanks ever so much! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back