"Your Computer is infected!" PopUp :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I have read over all the threads i could find on this and i think ive got rid of the trojan however the popup itself seems to continue to stay with me.

I have used all the programs and deleted all infected files that can be found,and i can accually get rid of the pop up when using SmitfraudFix however when i turn off comp and then back on its right back there.

I have attached a HJT log, so if someone could kindly go over it and guide me in a way to stop this pop up ill be much greatful.

Thanks
Rex9990

Among other things, you have some conflicts because too many protection software installs are loaded.
I see Sysmantec/Norton, Adaware, AVG Antispyware, AVG Antivirus, SmitFraud Fix, Spyware Doctor, then some interference from Nero 8 Ultra, PCTools, and Alchoho... all demanding resources and processes time.

Write down all your serial numbers and product ID's from Symantec (in the help section),
then consider removing most stuff and starting over. AVG should be enough, or Symantec should be enough... but not both, as they will conflict with each other and gum up the works.

If you get down to just AVG or Symantec, defragment, then run your scan. Then immediately shut down, then cold boot to SAFE MODE, and run the scan again.
Shut down, reboot normally, and run HiJack This again, making sure you have the most current version, and repost here where Momok or other experts can take a look.

Thanks RayBay, I have sorted out and gotten rid of all the other anti virus programs and have just got norton.
I did the defragment, scan, shutdown and scan in safe mode.
And now have added the new hijackthis log for someone to have a look at.

Thanks
Rex9990

The pop up has now been killed!!

I was looking around system32 folder when i saw a application called MRT.exe and opened it and it was 'Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool' this found the trojan on quick search and deleted it and the pop up went straight away!

Great stuff!

Regards
Rex9990

Good to hear! if I might add, AVG antivirus is better than Norton. manyoptions are better than Norton.

raybay certainly knows his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back