Kodi (formerly XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub that can be installed on Linux, OSX, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet. Our forums and Wiki are bursting with knowledge and help for the new user right up to the application developer. We also have helpful Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Youtube pages.
Disclaimer: Kodi does not provide any media itself. Users must provide their own content or manually point Kodi to third party online services. The Kodi project does not provide any support for bootleg video content.
Kodi can play all your music including mp3, flac, wav and wma formats. It has cue sheet, tag reading support and smart playlists for ultimate control of your music collection.
Kodi can do Movies too! Supporting all the main video formats including streamable online media, Kodi can import, browse and play your Movie collection with ease.
The TVShows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors. Great for keeping track of your progress.
Import pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
Kodi allows you to watch and record live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend and many more.
The real power of Kodi comes from the vast selection of user created Add-ons that are available though our repositories. There are Add-Ons for popular web services, applications and scripts. See which ones are currently available: Add-ons
Kodi allows you to complete change the whole appearance of the GUI interface. Due to the highly customisable skinning engine you are almost able to change every aspect of it’s looks and feel. By utilising different colours, images and menu structures you can create a stunning interface that matches your needs as a complete entertainment or information platform. See which ones are currently available: Skins
With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease. Have one UPnP master device and use other Kodi instances as clients which automatic keeps you watched status and library up-to-date. You can also now import from uPnp sources to synchronize your data inside instances of Kodi.
Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface. This brings loads of possibilities for remote controls, web browsers and 3rd party tools to take Kodi to the next level.
With support for hundreds of remote controls, CEC-compatible TVs, or one of the new Smartphone and Tablet Apps, Kodi allows you to control your media your way.
- Windows version updated to 19.1
- Android version updated to 18.6
- Live TV and PVR (Personal Video Recorder)
- Added enhancement/improvements to PVR addon API (connection state change handling, asynchronous updates & more)
- Added support for navigation controls between EDL (commercial skipping) during PVR recodings playback
- Added support for sorting channels by 'last played' in the Channels window
- Added support to changing of timer type for existing timers to ex. change a episode timer to a series timer
- Added support to echo up important Status info to Timer Rules in the Timer rules window
- Added option to hide disabled timers in the Timer window
- Added support for 'Edit timer' & 'Delete timer' rules to context menu in the EPG & Search windows
- Added support to allow timer creation for EPG in recent past in the EPG window
- Added support to use timer logos depending on its state in the EPG window
- Added "ShowTimerRule" builtin to allow key mapping for "add timer" dialog pre-filled for epg-based timer rule
- Added 'recent recordings' widget (core support and Estuary PVR home screen)
- Added vertical scrollbar to Guide window to allow channel navigation using the mouse (core support and Estuary change)
- Added support for JSON-RPC API sync PVR types fields with current implementation
- Improveed playback of live streams as PVR Live TV streams can now be identified as "live"
- Improved Kodi's Eventlog with extentions to PVR events for 'create/delete timers, timer rules', 'start/stop recordings'
- Improved PVR Guide window performance, especially on first open
- Changes to have separate windows for 'Timer Rules' from 'Timers'
- Changes to separate TV and Radio recordings in the Recordings window
- Changes to make 'group items' setting be persistent in the Recordings window
- Changes to recordings window which now respects "default select action" settings value
Software similar to Kodi 9
Plex is packed with features designed to make your media experience easy and enjoyable.
Organize and experience all your media: Music, photos and video YOUR way -- all from a single software program.
- Free to Try
The safest version of Popcorn Time. Watch movies and TV shows with subtitles for free. Available for Windows, macOS and Linux.
More similar downloads