While you download, you should know...
- This download has been certified 100% clean. Tested in TechSpot labs using VirusTotal technology.
- Our editors have curated a list of 4 alternatives to Wireshark, check them out.
- Wireshark has been downloaded 46,085 times so far.
- All files are on their original form. No installers or bundles are allowed.
- Thank you for choosing TechSpot as your download destination.
More about Wireshark
Wireshark is the world's foremost and widely-used network protocol analyzer. It lets you see what's happening on your network at a microscopic level and is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many commercial and non-profit enterprises, government agencies, and educational institutions. Wireshark development thrives thanks to the volunteer contributions of networking experts around the globe and is the continuation of a project started by Gerald Combs in 1998.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, macOS, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), Pcap NG, Catapult DCT2000, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Microsoft Network Monitor, Network General Sniffer (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer Pro, and NetXray, Network Instruments Observer, NetScreen snoop, Novell LANalyzer, RADCOM WAN/LAN Analyzer, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, Tektronix K12xx, Visual Networks Visual UpTime, WildPackets EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek, and many others
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platform)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
What's NewThis is the first major Wireshark release under the Wireshark Foundation, a nonprofit which hosts Wireshark and promotes protocol analysis education. The foundation depends on your contributions in order to do its work. If you or your employer would like to contribute or become a sponsor, please visit wiresharkfoundation.org. Read more.
You may also be interested in...
Network Monitor II is a small but useful windows Gadget which shows important and interesting information about your Wired or Wireless Network and Internet connections.
PRTG Network Monitor is the powerful network monitoring solution from Paessler AG.
Network monitoring utility that captures the packets pass through your network adapter, and displays general statistics about your network traffic.