Halite (named after the mineral) is a C++ BitTorrent client based on the excellent libtorrent library from Rasterbar Software. The program also relies heavily on the Boost libraries. Learn what's new on this latest version. Click here if the download does not begin automatically.
While you download, you should know...
- Our editors have curated a list of 2 alternatives to Halite, check them out.
- Halite has been downloaded 10,190 times so far.
- Thank you for choosing TechSpot as your download destination.
- All files are on their original form. No installers or bundles are allowed.
More about Halite
- File selection and/or file priority specifications.
- Managed torrent queue system.
- Disk cache support.
- Magnet URI support.
- Trackerless torrents (using the Mainline kademlia DHT protocol).
- Supports Magnet URI torrents.
- µTorrent style multi-tracker announcing.
- IP filtering with eMule style ipfilter.dat import.
- Protocol Encryption support.
- Translations of the UI into a number of languages through the help of volunteers. (if you wish to help with a translation then please do)
- Minimize to tray with transfer rate summary.
- Full Unicode support through UTF-8 and native Windows wide-char strings.
- Login support where tracker requires it.
- Ability to edit trackers specified in the torrent.
- Ability to create torrent files.
- Port randomisation and forwarding (UnPlug and Play or NAT-PMP).
- Transfer rate and connection limits both global and per-torrent.
- Shutdown scheduler.
What's New: Read more.