BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with Bittorrent, which is one of the most popular p2p protocol designed for high-speed distribution of 100MB or GB sized files. BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use bittorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Clean and free, without any adware or spyware.
- Completely new core written in C++, stable and fast, very low CPU usage.
- Multiple simultaneous downloads, ability to select download files in one torrent and set file priority.
- Ability to limit the upload speed as well as download speed.
- Intelligent Connection Optimize, Auto Optimization for different connections, runs well using all default settings.
- Intelligent Rate Control, optimize the upload distribution in order to get the max download rate.
- Intelligent Disk Cache, decrease the potential damage to the hard disk when high-speed downloading (>500KB/s) by decrease the read / write frequency, extra memory usage is the cost.
- Intelligent Disk Allocating, no long-time disk allocation, also decrease the disk fragment to almost zero.
- Intelligent Hash Scan, no time-consuming scanning when seeding / resume.
- Firewall and NAT Traversal, users behind differect NAT can now connect to each other.
- GUI Improve: display Mobile APP traffic in the info-tips of upload size and upload speed in task summary pane
- GUI Improve: display detailed failure info of download torrent in BT task log pane
- GUI Improve: display IP location in peer list of BitTorrent task
- GUI Bugfix: the main window should not be restored by relaunch program if entered lock mode while the main window minimized
- GUI Bugfix: can't change the default download directory for a task tag in the Option window
- GUI Bugfix: handle the situation of LAN IP is the same with WAN IP in Remote Download page of Options window
- Core Improve: improve error handling after piece hash check failure of BT task
- Core Improve: part of the file operation is moved to the worker thread to reduce UI freeze
- Core Improve: improve torrent share data processing and reduce UI freeze
- Core Improve: supports brotli compress for HTTP Tracker, torrent download and visit RSS feeds
- Core Improve: apply advanced option http.user_agent to all HTTP connections besides HTTP file download
- Core Improve: remove HTTP request header: Pragma/Cache-Control: no-cache
- Core Bugfix: occasionally crash when starting BT task asynchronously
Software similar to Bit Comet 6
The qBittorrent project aims to provide an open-source software alternative to µTorrent.
uTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint.
Vuze is a great utility that brings the popular Java-based BitTorrent client to a new level of stability, usability, and speed.
More similar downloads