BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with Bittorrent, which is one of the most popular p2p protocol designed for high-speed distribution of 100MB or GB sized files. BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use bittorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Clean and free, without any adware or spyware.
- Completely new core written in C++, stable and fast, very low CPU usage.
- Multiple simultaneous downloads, ability to select download files in one torrent and set file priority.
- Ability to limit the upload speed as well as download speed.
- Intelligent Connection Optimize, Auto Optimization for different connections, runs well using all default settings.
- Intelligent Rate Control, optimize the upload distribution in order to get the max download rate.
- Intelligent Disk Cache, decrease the potential damage to the hard disk when high-speed downloading (>500KB/s) by decrease the read / write frequency, extra memory usage is the cost.
- Intelligent Disk Allocating, no long-time disk allocation, also decrease the disk fragment to almost zero.
- Intelligent Hash Scan, no time-consuming scanning when seeding / resume.
- Firewall and NAT Traversal, users behind differect NAT can now connect to each other.
- GUI Improved: choose only KB/s or MB/s as speed unit automatically, excluding B/s
- GUI Improved: do not allow reentrancy of new task creating window to avoid stack overflow
- GUI Bugfix: program may crash at exit triggered by Windows shutdown/restart/logoff
- Core Improve: support TLS v1.3 for HTTPS
- Core Improve: support Server Name Indication for multiple domains hosted HTTPS sever
- Core Bugfix: Long-Term Seeding does not work for certain torrents
Apps similar to Bit Comet 5
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent.
Vuze is a great utility that brings the popular Java-based BitTorrent client to a new level of stability, usability, and speed.
An improved client for the Bittorrent peer-to-peer file distribution solution.