BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with Bittorrent, which is one of the most popular p2p protocol designed for high-speed distribution of 100MB or GB sized files. BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use bittorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Clean and free, without any adware or spyware.
- Completely new core written in C++, stable and fast, very low CPU usage.
- Multiple simultaneous downloads, ability to select download files in one torrent and set file priority.
- Ability to limit the upload speed as well as download speed.
- Intelligent Connection Optimize, Auto Optimization for different connections, runs well using all default settings.
- Intelligent Rate Control, optimize the upload distribution in order to get the max download rate.
- Intelligent Disk Cache, decrease the potential damage to the hard disk when high-speed downloading (>500KB/s) by decrease the read / write frequency, extra memory usage is the cost.
- Intelligent Disk Allocating, no long-time disk allocation, also decrease the disk fragment to almost zero.
- Intelligent Hash Scan, no time-consuming scanning when seeding / resume.
- Firewall and NAT Traversal, users behind differect NAT can now connect to each other.
- GUI Improved: add new task categories "Uncompleted" and more in left Channel pane, which can be switch by context menu
- GUI Improved: add RSS feeds in left Channel pane
- GUI Improved: Statistics pane displays listening port status of IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP separately
- GUI Improved: Trackers pane displays peer number from PEX
- GUI Improved: Peers pane displays downloaded and uploaded size of disconnected peers
- GUI Improved: new Long-Term Seeding disk cache setting in Option window
- GUI Improved: Statistics pane displays disk cache info of BitTorrent transfer, HTTP download and Long-Term Seeding separately
- GUI Improved: choose KB/s or MB/s as speed unit automatically
- GUI Improved: when sort task by time, display tasks of unknown time as earliest
- GUI Improved: identify video file type of .webm and .ogv
- GUI Bugfix: toolbar display incorrectly after change Windows UI theme
- GUI Bugfix: tooltip of task summary will show up even when window not in foreground
- GUI Bugfix: occasionally crash when display popup window of task download progress
- Core Improve: support Long-Term Seeding in IPv6 network
- Core Improve: optimize the disk cache for Long-Term Seeding
- Core Improve: add UDP incoming status detect for listening port
- Core Improve: report IPv4, IPv6 address to other peer in dual-stack network, to establish double way connections
- Core Bugfix: decrease UI lag when executable file download finished
- Core Bugfix: too many tracker connections when multiple BitTorrent tasks download at the same time
- Core Bugfix: improve stability of Long-Term Seeding
Apps similar to Bit Comet 4
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent.
An improved client for the Bittorrent peer-to-peer file distribution solution.
BitTorrent client which allows to share without the need for trackers.
- Windows 2k/XP