While not a heavyweight in the bells & whistles category, Halite is a functional BitTorrent client. So far its list of features include:
- File selection and/or file priority specifications.
- Managed torrent queue system.
- Disk cache support.
- Magnet URI support.
- Trackerless torrents (using the Mainline kademlia DHT protocol).
- Supports Magnet URI torrents.
- µTorrent style multi-tracker announcing.
- IP filtering with eMule style ipfilter.dat import.
- Protocol Encryption support.
- Translations of the UI into a number of languages through the help of volunteers. (if you wish to help with a translation then please do)
- Minimize to tray with transfer rate summary.
- Full Unicode support through UTF-8 and native Windows wide-char strings.
- Login support where tracker requires it.
- Ability to edit trackers specified in the torrent.
- Ability to create torrent files.
- Port randomisation and forwarding (UnPlug and Play or NAT-PMP).
- Transfer rate and connection limits both global and per-torrent.
- Shutdown scheduler.
After almost two years there’s been a new release of Halite. This is a bugfix release and well as upgrading to the latest version 1.03 of libtorrent. The update brings with it all the goodness Arvid Norberg has baked into his fantastic library. Halite is now compiled with Visual C++ 2013 and Windows XP support has been dropped.
Apps similar to Halite 3
A powerful C++ BitTorrent Client.
Ares is a file sharing software which allows you to share any kind of file from the Internet. It's a free open source file sharing program that enables users to share any digital file including images, audio, video, software, documents, etc.
Resurrected version of the P2P application let's you search and share files through the Gnutella network.