As we announced a couple of weeks ago, we are giving away the product of your choice. The winner of our reader poll is the ultra-portable ASUS Eee PC that got the victory with one third of the votes from a small pool of devices that also included the Apple iPhone, Nintendo Wii and a GeForce 8800GT.
Without further ado, here's the rundown of the prizes for this holiday giveaway:
First prize: ASUS Eee PC 4G Surf
Secondary prizes: Diamond XtremeSound 7.1 soundcard, Diamond XtremeSound 5.1 soundcard, Diamond XtremeTV PCTV - HDTV USB, Diamond One-Touch Video Capture USB.
(courtesy of Diamond Multimedia, one each).
Official Contest Rules
* Eligibility relies on one simple rule: take a picture of your PC with TechSpot's frontpage showing on the screen, then post it in THIS forum thread (reply to the existing thread with the image showing in your post as per the example).
* Double & triple your chances of winning by showing MORE than one computer screen in your picture. Like in the sample picture above, you can put up to 10 computer screens together and that will increase your eligibility ten fold!
* All the computers/monitors have to be on a single shot in the same picture, not in multiple ones.
* Image hosting: If you need a host for your pictures you can use TechSpot's own picture gallery, that's what we used to post the picture above. First upload, then copy the image address and post it here.
* The five (5) winners will be randomly selected from the pool of eligible contestants. If you have multiplied your chances (see above) then your name will be repeated as many times in the pool.
* The giveaway will run until Friday, December 28th, 2007. The winners will be notified and publicly announced within 48 hours.
* There are no geographic limitations for the contest, that means we will ship the prizes overseas if necessary. Prizes will be shipped in mid-January.
* Winners will be contacted via email using the address they used to register in the forums. Each winner will have up to 7 days to get back to us, otherwise we will be forced to disqualify him in favor of a new randomly selected user.
* TechSpot staff members are not eligible to win any prizes. Our team of moderators are however eligible as any other regular member as they don't have any financial ties with the organization (we had to be fair with them).
* Current members and new TechSpot members are encouraged to stay around and participate in our news and forum discussions, it is not however a requisite for eligibility.