Digital Daily has come across a leaked document which indicates that Palm may roll out paid applications next Thursday. The document was probably only intended for the eyes of webOS developers, and shows a timeline that clearly states, "Application sales go live" on September 24.

Developers who've had their applications accepted by Palm will see them featured in the App Catalog on that day. Palm will keep 30% of the revenue from app sales, and developers will pocket the remaining 70%. Engadget notes that this launch will probably coincide with the webOS 1.2 update and a redesigned Catalog app.

In somewhat unrelated news, Palm will reportedly stop making new phones that run Windows Mobile software, and will instead focus on the future development of its new webOS operating system -- go figure. The handset-maker's fiscal first quarter sales topped analyst expectations at $360.7 million -- but they still recorded a $164.5 million loss.

Palm moved some 823,000 smartphones in the period ending August 31, up 134% sequentially but down 30% on year. Total revenue slipped to $68 million from the $86.8 million reported in the fiscal fourth quarter of last year. The company is anticipating second quarter adjusted revenue to be between $240 million and $270 million.