TechSpot is looking to hire writers that are driven and self-motivated when it comes to computing and personal technology. If you're familiar with what we do, then you know we require profound understanding of technical matters and the ability to write about it with accuracy and authority. Being a regular reader of TechSpot is not a requirement but certainly a big plus.
We have two freelance positions available: daily news reporter and feature writer position.
- The news reporter position requires you to be active, posting news stories on a daily basis. Creativity and a knack for picking timely and interesting topics is very important. Excellent writing and proofreading skills are a requirement. You will be assigned a time slot and will be free to discover stories and report on tech topics in a concise yet inquisitive manner.
- The feature writer will work exclusively on longer form articles, guides or explainers. Depending on your strengths, these articles can be related to hardware topics, software how-tos or tech culture pieces. For example, explaining what does the CPU cache do, testing the best password managers, or explaining how torrenting works (software/web), you name it.
A few other notes that apply to all openings:
- Relevant experience in technology journalism is important, but not a requirement.
- Geographic location is not a constraint but native English skills are an imperative.
- This is a work from home (Batcave, Fortress of Solitude, etc.) type of position.
- Topics we usually cover on TechSpot include: Computer hardware and software, internet culture and applications, mobile and PC gaming.
- Compensation is commensurate with article length, quality and experience.
If the positions don't fit your bill, you can still help us by sharing this on social networks or directly with any friends or colleagues that may be a good fit.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested please fill out this form. We’ll follow up with the candidates best suited for the job. Thank you.