Test Setup and System SpecsFor testing we used three Dell 3008WFP 30 LCD monitors which support a native resolution of 2560x1600. For setting up the GeForce GTX 590 we simply connected the three monitors to the graphics card's three DVI connectors.
The Radeon HD 6990 was a little trickier as it only provides a single DVI port along with four mini-DisplayPort connectors. The Dell 3008WFPs offer DisplayPort support though a mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter is required. We used two of these adapters to use Eyefinity mode.
Once the monitors were connected to the graphics cards creating a group configuration was easy. Both sets of graphics drivers automatically added extra resolutions such as 7680x1600, 5760x1200 and 5040x1050.
Test System Specs
- Intel Core i7 920 (Overclocked @ 3.70GHz)
- x3 2GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 (CAS 9-9-9-24)
- Asus P6T Deluxe (Intel X58)
- OCZ ZX Series (1250w)
- Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB (SATA 6Gb/s)
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 590 (3072MB)
- Radeon HD 6990 (4096MB)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Nvidia Forceware 270.61
- AMD Catalyst 11.4