ATI2DVAA error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help! We came home the other night to a blue screen on our computer that said there was a stop error associated with the file ati2dvaa. We can use the computer in safe mode...but we don't have access to our printer or real player or anything like that. If I try to start without safe mode...the display is horrible...like half the resolution as normal...so I can't read anything on the screen.

Can we fix this somehow? I've run spyware and adware thinking maybe that was it. I can get around online fairly well...but when it comes to hardware and stuff I'm kinda lost.

Thanks...

Kim

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

ati2dvaa.exe, or dll. Is the driver for your graphics card.

From safe mode uninstall anything to do with ATI from add remove programmes in control panel.

Reboot your computer into normal mode, and download, and install the latest drivers for your graphics card from the ATI website.

http://www.ati.com/

Please note. When installing the new drivers, disable any antivirus programme you are running, as this can seriously screw up driver installations.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Are you using onboard graphics, or a separate graphics card?

If it`s onboard, your monitor will plug in to your motherboard.

If it`s a separate card, your monitor will plug in to a connector that is separated from the rest of the motherboard.

If you click on the first link in my signature, you will find a link to the free Everest programme.

Download, and run the programme. It will give you lots of info about your system, including what graphics card your have.

When the programme runs it will open a window. Click on the large computer icon in the right hand pane, then click on the computer summary icon, also in the right hand pane.

Scroll down to where it says video adapter. this is your graphics card.

Then go to the ATI website again, and download the latest driver for your OS, and card.

Regards Howard :)

Hi
I am not sure that I am doing the right thing here. This is really a question relating to the ati2dvaa error.
Just attempting to upgrade my faithful Win98 system to Win xp.Its a kosher OEM upgrade to a formatted disk, single partition.
All went well until the final bootup to windows xp, when the ati2dva appeared.
My graphics card is I think on the old side its a Rage128. I cant find an update driver for this and my XP.
Do U have to buy another graphic card.
Thanks

Highly likely Yes
If you are upgrading from a 10 year old OS using a just as old Hardware, you'll probably have even more issues (Ram; CPU etc)

Best to update the Hardware too I suspect ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back