Radeon 9600xt and Counter Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new 9600xt, in Counter Strike my FPS go from 100(when not looking at anyone) to 40's-50's(when looking at someone) The graphics look worse than before and this card has given me nothing but trouble. I have an AMD AthlonXP 1800. any help would be great.

under console, type "ati_npatch 0" and type "ati_subdiv 0"

you may also do this as it may help:
in the ati control panel, under 3d--->opengl-->compatibility
enable triple buffering.

btw, what resolution do you play at?

I have done that, my FPS now go from 101 to at the least 65, this is definately an improvement. Thanks so much. I play at 1024x768, i set it to 800x600 and it seems to be working even better. Its still not running quite as good as when i did not have a radeon... when i go up to an object or wall and shake the mouse i get horizontal lines that sort distort the graphics...any suggestions?

with a 9600xt u should always have 100+ fps on all HL games/mods try turning off vertical sync

Hey guys, been searching for a solution for this problem myself, started getting a little annoyed at that bad framerate so decided to check the Internet incase i wasnt alone, and hey presto..i aint :)

I have a 9600XT 256MB DDR

I am getting a constant 100FPS with CS 1.5, on 1.6 it would usually hit 40-50!! or less! anyhow now get a constant 100FPS again and i did the following with help from this thread.

"ati_npatch 0" and "ati_subdiv 0"

VSYNC ENABLED (you may not get 100FPS if your Monitor does not support 100hz)

TRIPPLE BUFFERING (will increase FPS but only if VSYNC is enabled)

as for the other settings, i have now thrown them up to high quality and its still running smoothly!! i hope anyone else can manage the same success.

Happy to see ya' happy. :grinthumb

And welcome to TechSpot....good to have you here. Look around and make yourself comfortable.:)

also you might consider raising the agp voltage a little bit in the BIOS. i raised the agp voltage from my default of 1.55v to 1.6v and it seemed to make my AIW 9800pro run smoother and not drop in fps as much.

i am thinking that general performance depends on the mobo and how it is configured. i don't know, hardware is weird.

I will give that a try in just a little bit...a few days ago i upped my FSB from 133 to 160, everything was happy...except the GFX card overheated in about 10 seconds :)

You need to manually set the speed of the AGP bus/lock the AGP bus so it doesnt OC with the FSB. Most of the time the AGP bus is set to 'auto', so as you bump the FSB the AGP is also OCed.

I just headed into BIOS, I cant seem to be able to adjust any of my AGP settings, they just stay greyed out no matter what other options I try, but i can adjust overvoltage and RAM/FSB settings as I want.

My board is a Gigabyte 7VAXP Ultra

Masque, sorry for missing ya out, but thanks for your welcome and just to let you know I have introduced myself into the newcomers section :)

Hi, Sorry to steal this thread but I am having a similar problem. I have the aiw 9600 (non pro) and I get to 20-30 fps 40 max. I got the lates drivers (cat 5.2) and I've tried the suggestions above. When i put in "ati_npatch 0" and "ati_subdiv 0" all I get is unknown command. Does anyone know how to fix this or is there somthing wrong with my card? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back