PS3 Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched videos from gamespot and IGN and it reminds me of final fantasy lol if that counts at all lol.

??

To tell you the truth, I see Final Fantasy (which I like) and Oblivion (I also like) having nothing in common. Final Fantasy is a set story (Well, most of the time) and Oblivion is a true Role Playing Game. I like them both for their own reasons, and yes, you must play the game before you will know if you like it or not.

Before I played Guitar Hero 2, I assumed it sucked because it was a kind of karaoke game like Amplitude/DDR. Then I played it, and fell in love with it. Just like the old saying "Never judge a book by its cover."

Oblivion and Final Fantasy are nothing alike - I'm a huge fan of both, but moreso Final Fantasy. As stated previously you follow a pretty set story in FF, but you have an incredible amount of freedom in Oblivion - it's almost overwhelming.

WTh....:(

I will probb buy wen price goes down...the new 1.8 update sux so far it downscales PS2 games..like Socom 3 i have not played in 85858959033 months now it looked ugly..must change to full screen lol

Really really want a PS3 but really really can't afford one right now. Little Big Planet's release will be the moment I throw reason out the window.

At the moment a ps3 is 429 pounds in england..... i can get a mid to high range pc for that... ps what?????? gimme a wii anyday if i bought a mid range pc(free stuff, net , great games) and a wii (great games) id still have more change out of 500 quid!

I'm sorry but the Wii is a ripoff. Nintendo games never drop in price and the Wii is just a reboxed gamecube. Everyone I know that owns a Wii has it gathering dust because the games are all shallow tech demos with the exception of Zelda which is just another Zelda by the numbers and nothing special. Hell if you want another PC just load Linux onto your PS3 and stick in a bigger hard drive, there you go a good basic PC thats also a next gen gaming console. Don't want to piss anyone off on here being new and all but the Wii is the biggest con in gaming history. But hey it's not meant for people like me, it's meant for those 'non gamers' who want to play cooking mama and saduko.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

YouAreInARoom said:
I'm sorry but the Wii is a ripoff. Nintendo games never drop in price and the Wii is just a reboxed gamecube.

Well Im sure we all can debate on this forum about the PS3, Wii and 360. I can write a Tech essay on each but this is not a debate forum. But one thing for sure the PS3 is worth its money.

Built in HDD and WIFI. The PS3 had a Built in Blue-ray player which blue ray discs can hold up to 60GB of info. Standard blue ray players are expensive, PS3 is the cheapest everyone knows that. I do love sony but one thing is for sure the PS3 is deff worth its money. If you know anything about computers your not going to get a good one with good RAM, Processor and graphics card for the PS3's price!

YouAreInARoom said:
I'm sorry but the Wii is a ripoff. Nintendo games never drop in price and the Wii is just a reboxed gamecube.
The Wii is not what you think it is. The GameCube had no motion-sensitive controller and was not even half the fun the Wii is. Take your rants somewhere else if you don't like Nintendo. The Wii is outselling all other consoles, not the least because it's cheaper. I own both the PS3 and the Wii. Both are unique in their way and can't be compared, since they're popular for different kinds of reasons and games.

Rage I feel you if you know what I mean. The Wii is selling a lot because of the price alone. I read this article I forget where but a game analysist stated that " The Wii has not next generation features". Technically i do not know the Wii's specs perhaps you might? I plan on buying the 360 FYI, but the Wii appeals to children and family people IMO but this is not a debate forum :D

My point is Money has its bang for its buck, if your technically ignorant that you will literally get screwed lol

I think the wii is selling so well because its the only piece of hardware in the last 15 years thats actually pushed the envelope out a bit. instead of just giving the same old better graphics and sound/ same game scenario.

Id love a ps3, but there price is cost prohibitive for me atm.

Xbox 360 is really nice, good value, but plx give me a browser microsoft.

I want them all :)

The Wii price is advertising alone. People think it's an actual next Gen console when its not.

360 and PS3 have their own specified processors..We need a SOCOM forum. Especially if your going to buy SOCOM for PS3.

Fimbles does make a good point though. You have to admit that. But some, like me, will never buy that console. I just don't like it, if I want a workout I will go to the gym. That console just looks to labor intense for me! lol....

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
The Wii is not what you think it is. The GameCube had no motion-sensitive controller and was not even half the fun the Wii is. Take your rants somewhere else if you don't like Nintendo. The Wii is outselling all other consoles, not the least because it's cheaper. I own both the PS3 and the Wii. Both are unique in their way and can't be compared, since they're popular for different kinds of reasons and games.

Dont' worry I know exactly what the Wii is. A clever piece of marketing strategy by Nintysoft. Nothing against Nintendo because theyre doing a great job, the DS is an exceptional piece of kit with great games (I own one myself). But and this is a big but, the Wii is a bucket of crap. Old hardware that doesn't care about graphics and is all about innovation and taking gaming forward. Is it feck, if it was about innovation and moving gaming forward it would have enough power for some proper physics and AI calculations. The Wii is selling by the shedload because Joe Schmo on the street sees a cheap as chips 'next gen' (aye that'd be right) console with a fancy controller and they think WOW look at that. Then they buy it and they soon realise that all the games for it are pap. Yes is outselling the PS3 3 to 1 but it's barely shifting any software. The gamecube came out the block like a greyhound with tabasco up its **** where the PS2 came out slow. We'll see what happens but I really hope for the future of gaming the Wii dies a quick death and the 360 and PS3 (the true next gen machines) take gaming where it needs to go.

Gaming is not about graphics and physics calculations alone. There are some great games out there that have less-than-ideal graphics (the GTA series being a case in point). Sure, I bought Oblivion for the PS3 because it looks really good, but it has the gameplay to match. Next-gen doesn't mean cutting-edge graphics only, it also means the game has to be innovative. The Assassin's Creed series is an example of a true cutting-edge game with good graphics and a superb storyline to match. Think of a Wii-like controller paired with a game like Thief. That would be something, innit? I really miss the old LucasArts games, they don't make any games like that anymore...:(

NewConsoles.jpg

Now that I've gotten my credentials out of the way the order I like them from most to least:
PS3, 360, Wii

Descending order of playtime:
Wii, 360, PS3

Number of other game players in the house:
2 - Daughter and wife (daughter controls which is played most)

Were it not for my daughter I would spend more time playing the one I like most, but once you have a family you lose some of those choices. I'm just happy she loves playing games which is why I don't complain.

http://www.duke.edu/~mepm/images/Taya_playing_ms.pacman.jpg

LMFAOO WOW people!

youareinaroom: Basically its like your saying the same as me. Perhaps you know more about the wii and broke it down more but we are making the same point :D

Rage has a good point, but the Wii cannot be considered a Next Gen console. The motion sensitive capabilities it has is the only exception. It cant even play Dvd's lol. How about Sony adds motion sensitive to the PS2 and we can say its a Pre-Next Gen beast..Thats what kind of classification the Wii is Pre-next Gen

LNC: Lovely Setup. Since the Wii is your least favorite one would assume that your a great father and bought it for the other 2 players. Im just waiting to see if I get this great job cuz im doing some intern stuff and if i do, By the end of the Year my set up will be just as good, but without a Family lol.

Im writing an essay and this is not a debate forum lmfao but IMO on the topic of being innovative the PS3 has the edge....Technology takes time and the PS3 definitely beats the Wii being that they both were released on the same day.

When I play the Wii, it feels no different to me than using a standard controller. Obviously it's a different control method, but the end result feels exactly the same, like taking two different routes but arriving at the same destination. The Wiimote can often frustrate me, especially in Wii sports where the detachment and lack of impact hits hardest. So inevitably, to me the Wii feels like a Gamecube with an online service. Especially since the games are not at all different to what we already have. Zelda, Mario, Sonic, Rayman, Red Steel... Some are decent, but not in any way innovative. What about such Playstation classics as Katamari, Loco Roco and Vib Ribbon? All are far more inventive, and need only a standard controller. The PS2 was the best console for innovation and quirkiness, if there was one, for the last generation, while the PS3 already has oddities like Flow and Super Rub a Dub.

I'll admit to being a massive physics *****, but I enjoy freedom in games. Being able to bring down buildings realistically by shooting away sections of wall, with bricks, wood and metal bending and breaking due to the physics engine, not what developers have to program in manually, is the sort of thing that has huge potential and that interests me the most. The Wii will never provide that for me. It will provide Smash Bros though, so I will be making a lot of use of my housemate's Wii when it arrives. :)

And fimbles, I could get a PS3 for £380 right now. Still expensive, but a lot better than before.

When im done building my own PC...come in about 3 months all these systems will suck 2 me lol..i wud never buy a Wii...but if a friend or room mate had it i might give it a shot.

LNCpapa youve got the ps3,wii and xbox360 right in your house so you should give us the most info on what you think is the best. i personally think they are eeach goood for different things like the ps3 has a blu ray player for good image quality, the wii is good for exercise for my dad and the xbox 360 is good for shoot em up and stuff

how about chatting about the 360 lite aswell? And can the ps3 be chipped in anyway.

hey you lot you stopped posting in this thread,there's a new 80gb version of the ps3 in the US.
blu-ray laptops by sony are coming out and there is a new slimmer version of the psp

I personally don't care about graphics in games ( movies are sweet though like 300 :haha: ) because usually in my PC games I turn down the graphics so I can get better performance instead of more pretty textures :)

I think the PS3 could do alot better if the games they made weren't crap, the only decent game I seen / played on it so far was Resistance & Oblivion ( Oblivion is best on computer!! ), I read about MGS going to Xbox 360 so i'll be selling mine pretty soon and pick up a Xbox.

YES performance is more important than graphics but i wouldn't like amazing performance and crap graphics,i'd like great performance and beautiful graphics
Anyway some games look better on computer because computers/laptops also have a decent amount of pixels but 1080p is better. Also i heard that sony promised 380 games for the ps3 in some time

True fact. 100$ price cut for the 60Gig PS3, i read tho this move was done to get rid of the rest of the PS3 60Gig Units so the 80Gig units could take over by the holiday. I am mad, i payed 1000 for mine last year in dec now this holiday season they plan to only have the 80Gig. Ok..but thats not smart wen the 360 Elite has 120Gig Hdd...which i'll end up buying by De (Xmas) :D

Also I am now building my SLI PC...Dont have that much money so its not going to be top of the line, after upgrades then it will. So i agree that Computers are the ultimate gaming machine and there is no argument against that. Consoles on the other hand especially this next generation console war as they call it is now about performance and mostly graphics. In which I believe the PS3 will prevail because it has more potential. I also read on here that microsoft is begining to replace millions of 360's due to them overheating, have not witnessed muh omplaints about the PS3 :slurp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back