Performance difference between mid-range and high-end mobos

baN893

Hi guys,

I tried searching this topic on the web and on this forum but without much satisfaction. I'm currently working on putting a new build together for myself. As a result of that, I'm finding myself not knowing how my MOBO choice will affect my FPS performance. I am aware that high end MOBOs are built for better overclocking performance, but if I won't overclock or only overclock a little, how much FPS gain will I experience from choosing the higher end MOBO?

I'm specifically looking at the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 & the ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3.
The motherboard is going to be paired with an AMD Radeon HD 7970. From what I have read online, there is only a 2-3% performance increase with higher end MOBOs.

Any input?

Cheers

baN

It's not performance per se, but the quality of components ie. transistors, connectors, headers, overall quality etc....

If you're waiting for the 7970 wait for ddr4 motherboards, pretty sure it'll be $50 for 16gb of ddr4 as it has been for the past 2 generations.

Hi I just fitted a GA-Z68M-D2H gigabyte MB with a i5-2400 CPU $103.00 for the MB
$ 199.00 for the CPU the MB has on board 3D video so no card needed best $103,00
I have ever spend , It's very zippy !

Is true HK but why buy a Porsche if your mostly drive around in a 60 K area ? and in this case
if you don't game on line It's trés bien for the money spend imho.

Its usually the features that set apart mid and high end mobos, more pci slots is the biggest difference, some other smaller features that you may not care about if you're not overclocking.

Back