Trojan problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My computer is being attacked by some sort of trojan and spyware. For some reason, the only time I can use Mozilla Firefox is in safe mode with networking. I used to be able to use IE 5, but when I upgraded yesterday IE 7 also stopped functioning in normal windows. Can anybody help me? Included are two logfiles of Hijackthis and AVG Scan. I followed the instructions on "Trojan Pakes and other nasties" thread. I would appreciate any help on how to get rid of this damn thing. Thanks.

Vasili

Meaby Downloading Nod32 Will Help? I Had the same thing wich apparently appeared when i installed Gpotato's Space Cowboy ... If you cant Delete it boot in safe mode and delete manually the DLL. C:\WINDOWS\system32\ActiveScan\pskavs.dll

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

ScatterChat<this programme is known to suffer from security issues.

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

scatterchat.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {259F616C-A300-44F5-B04A-ED001A26C85C} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Gaim] C:\Program Files\ScatterChat\scatterchat.exe

O16 - DPF: {E008A543-CEFB-4559-912F-C27C2B89F13B} (Domino Web Access 7 Control) - http://vram7.vcu.edu/dwa7W.cab

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winjvd32 - winjvd32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\ScatterChat<Delete the entire folder.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ActiveScan\pskavs.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post an AVG Antispyware log as well as a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Vasili32 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

trojan prob.

Howard,

I did all you asked, but still, I cannot access the internet while in normal windows. Here are the reports that you asked. I appreciate all your help; thanks.

Vasili

Your HJT log is clean.

Therefore, I don`t think your problem is virus/spyware based, but more likely a settings problem of some description.

Check your firewall settings and make sure firefox has full permissions.

If that doesn`t help, I suggest you open a new thread in our Storage and networking forum.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Vasili32 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back