Cryp_Upack Removal - Logs attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm embarrased to admit but I've been bitten by the Cryp_Upack bug. My trend micro client detected it but it was too late. After following recommended troubleshooting steps to clean things up both here and in other places, it looks like there are still remnants of this malware affecting me when I use IE8. As per suggestion in other threads I'm attaching logs from:
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • SuperAntiSpyware Scan &
  • Hijackthis

For review. This is a nasty little malware infection. I would appreciate thoughts and suggestions on how be to permanently remove this infection off my system... Well, besides, the obvious: Stop using IE and don't let my daughter use my laptop! :eek::haha:

Thanks in advance for your synergy and neuronal activity.

It's not IE8's fault. Your infection has left some nasty things... Download, install and run Avast free antivirus. See what it finds. Also, download and run Advanced SystemCare free

Thank you for the advice, Tmagic. I tried both products you recommended, ran full scans with each and deleted lots of 'junk' in that manner. I've since been using the internet on that machine without incident so it looks like today's thorough cleaning has yielded positive results. Thanks again for the help!

tony: your mbam log shows 'No action taken' for the detected infections.

Please run Mbam and select 'quarantine' for the default action. Post back with your fresh log. Just to be sure, I would suggest you post a fresh HijackThis log too.

Tony, considering your connections, what you do and what you have on your system, I strongly suggest you run an online scan to see if there is anything left. I tried to get information on the Cryp_Upack and while some complained about it and asked for help, I couldn't find it's description.

Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus Scanner HERE

Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  • Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  • A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

Let me see the log when you finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back