Hello everyone!

My system:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE MA790GP-DS4H AMD 790GX DDR2 HDMI HD3300
Cpu: Phenom II X4 940 Quad-Core 3.0GHz 8MB AM2+Black Edition
Ram: KINGSTON HyperX 4GB 1066MHz DDR2 CL5
Hdd: WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black SATA2 500GB 32MB
Vga: HIS HD4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 1GB 256bit GDDR5 16X
Psu: OCZ StealthXstream 600W

I was getting blue screens from time to time on my system dunno if it is something about this problem but a few days ago i pushed power button fans worked for 0,5-1 sec and then they stopped. I tried it again but my system didnt work.

Thought it was a little problem i checked cables etc but i couldnt fix it. Then i sent it back to pc shop. They just called me to gave information about problem. They told me that my vga and psu is not working anymore..

They sent vga to HIS they said it will be possible to fix it but it will take a month. Now i need to buy new VGA (maybe another 4870 i can crossfire when they fix other one) and a good PSU.

Question 1: Do you think OCZ StealthXstream 600W was enough for my system ? Or it wasnt enough and thats why i had too many problems ? (i also had 67 blue screens in 5 months)

Question 2: Is it a good idea to buy another 4870 or do you prefer selling 4870 and getting a new vga ? If yes can u gimme links so i can check them.

Question 3: What kind of psu do i need to run my system + 2 HIS HD4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 1GB 256bit GDDR5 16X (crossfire). Can you help me to find a good one ?

Thanks in advance..

1. The OCZ 600W should have been good enough for your system.

2. What is your budget for a gfx card? If you can sell the present HD 4870 at a reasonable price, consider the HD 5850.

3. For the HD 4870 CrossFire, the least I would recommend would be the Corsair 650TX 650W PSU.

As for your BSODs, did you ever check your memory using memtest86+? Bad memory often leads to an unstable system. Did you get random blue screens or during specific applications like gaming?

It was random. There is a thread about it i uploaded all files you can check it if u want but i tested mems with memtest they were fine.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic136306.html

Thanks for information do you know any charts for vgas so i can see the difference in performance between 4870, 4870 crossfire and 5850.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back