Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H Motherboard USB PS2 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManQu

Hello techy people
I got me a problem on upgrading my system to AM3 Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H mobo with a x2 550 AMD cpu.
Seems my mobo has only one PS2 port and looks to be for either mouse or KB
and i guess UBS port for the other input device.
I have used a 4 port KVM for about 7 years or so to control my PC's and now it seems i carnt with this new mobo.The mouse in the KVM is USB but i use a converter to PS2.
Keyboard on the PS2 port works fine with the KVM but using a PS2 to USB converter on the UBS port doesn't.
At the moment i use a second USB mouse to use the PC.
So the PS2 to USB converter didnt work , So i bought a Konig USB to PS2 adapter giving me two FEMALE PS2 sockets.This also didnt work.Using both PS2 sockets for the mouse/KB and just the mouse on its own also failed.
KB into the mobo direct ,using the PS2 port works but the mouse using Konig adapter still fails.
Infact my mouse on the KVM into the gigabyte doesnt work,unless the mouse is direct to the USB port on the mobo.
If your eyes glazzed over then i'm sorry..but im now open to offers ,ideas or even a solution....

P.S Though i use the mouse right handed and been left handed ,It doesn't give me too many problems using a second mouse with my left.I just want my desk space back for more junk to collect on......

PCI-e card is needed as pci taken up with raid cards...unless i upgrade one of them to pci-e.....

This mobo doesn't give raid bootup options ,so i had to use a pci sata card for the O/S
and other slot taken for another IDE raid card for my older IDE H/D's

Are you sure your mobo doesn't support booting to a RAID array? Starting on page 78 of the manual doesn't that describe the setup? Of course, I'm talking about SATA hard drives.

It does and will providing no more raid cards are added to the pci slots.
Soon as you add other pci raid cards the mobo raid looses its IRQ to 0 and looses its harddrives and array and then trys to boot from the pci raid.
I spent a few days trying options,in the end using mobo sata as standard and a pci raid card allowed other raid cards to be added.
Serves me right for upgrading.....cost a dam fortune with all the extras i had to buy...but then again its dragged me into the 21st century....

Update........

Orderd a PCI Card 2 USB+PS/2 Ports Combo Computer Card 32-bit

Lets hope this works

Orderd a PCI-e sata raid card to free up the other pci slot........have to wait and see now

Update.......

Well the PC is running fine for a few weeks now,since the PS2 card fitted and the SATA2 pci-e card.
Also added an ATI Radeon HD 4650 1gig,this did make a diff to the grafics performance.
Windows experience is now 5.5 from 2.3 .
I'm running "folding @ Home" http://folding.stanford.edu/ and this is testing the CPU .
Verdict is i am "Now" satisfied with the pc and Win7 AM3 setup shame it just took a while to get old to work with new...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back