Inactive Problem Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF you used the drive from the system that was infected with Virut, you now have another infected system. IF that is the case, you will have to follow the reinstall/reformat path again.

Edit: I found your previous thread. I have sent Broni a PM and will let him advise you.

ok, changed up a bit.

i just formatted it fresh and did all the first steps and am infection free... good sh*t.

but i have a question. i still want to use the old drive thats infected because its a big *** drive that i need haha...

should i keep it in my old computer and format it, or is it safe to hook it back up on this one and format it?

cause last time i tried i kept getting errors formating it. sorry cant remember what the exact error message was... thanks for the help.

i took the d: drive out my old computer and put it in the new one.

then i right clicked the old drive and pressed format on the drop box menu that comes out.

it formatted it, after some errors... thats when i found an infection on the NEW drive so i came right back here cause i figured i contaminated it haha.

is there a better way to format a drive?

also, i dont remember what the errors even said at first... f*ck...

alright,

i nuked that damn thing, and just put it back in my new computer... but it's not showing up on my computer. i'll check the connections again but dont know why it doesn't see it.

Watch your computer screen, when your computer starts.
At the bottom, you'll see something similar to this:

Press <some key> to enter setup

When you press that <some key>, you'll enter computer BIOS.

It'll look similar to this:

bios1.jpg

Check, if your drive is listed there.

ok i checked and it doesnt see it...

primary drive 0 - HD
primary drive 1 - nothing
secondary drive 0 - cd rom
secondary drive 1 - atapi device

i switched primary 1 to auto and it still dont see it.

I'm not sure then.
Maybe you connected it wrong.
Start new topic in hardware forum.
I don't want to continue here since it has nothing to do with malwares :)

i'm gonna disconnect everything and start it up, then reconnect and start it up... but it was showin up before i nuked it in my old comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back