Problem with spyware and hikackthis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I am having problems with a lot of adware and spyware which is considerably slowing my computer down. I have recently downloaded hijackthis but am not entirely sure how to interpret this log file:

was wondering if anybody could help me?
thankyou
rob

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 9
Follow the instructions completely in RBS's thread - How to remove Begin2search / CoolWebSearch, if you haven't already, and then post a new HJT log here.

In all honesty, from looking at your log there, I think you may have made the classic mistake of causing more problems than you had in the first place by installing all manner of potentially nasty "anti-spyware" stuff, when all you really needed were a few simple tools, mentioned in RBS's thread. It's ok, I've seen it on quite a few people's computers. Namely ones where I've set them up, given the owners advice, and found that they'd proceeded to ignore it and go their own way, not understanding why I've said what I have.

For future reference, I would just stick with the mainstream, well known programs, and stay away from anything written by Joe Bloggs down the road.

spyware and hijack this

i have had a look at RBS's thread and have previously installed ad-aware and it does recognise trojan horses etc but in order to remove them i have to register the program. all spyware removers have been the same. i do have avg but this does not recognise such trojan horses as loadqm.exe so i can't get rid of it.could you reccomend any actually free spyware removers. also what adivice could you give me on how to make any changes to the hijackthis log.
thanks a lot
rob

spyware

i have previously downloaded ad-aware which was free to download. i scanned the system and it came up with 14 files and 2 trojan horses.the function to remove these had been disabled and it said in order to remove the files i would need to register the program costing $29.
would you also be able to help me with windows security centre which frequently pops up saying it has detected suspicious network activity and to donload certified software to fix the problem.however even when i donload spyware removers i still get the error message.is this because i still have some spyware that has not been detected or could there be another reason for it?
thanks
rob

I've never known ad-aware to require registration before it will remove things from your computer. Are you sure you've downloaded the free version, and perhaps dowloaded demo paid version or something instead?

Spybot Search and destroy is also free, as is CWS shredder, though there are a number of dodgy places out there that have been offering CWSshredder for sale out there last time I looked for it.

If this HJT-log is still actual:

Get rid of this program. With Adaware and Spybot you don't need it.
C:\SPYWAREVANISHER-FREE\FREESCANNER.EXE

This program looks dodgy to me, cant't find any info on it.
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WLAN\GCONFIG\GCONFIG.EXE
Uninstall it, unless you know what it is.

In Safe mode, run HJT on its own and let it "fix":
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WNMSADCHECK32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WLAN\GCONFIG\GCONFIG.EXE <<-- up to you
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bpcpost.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\bpcpost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wnmsadcheck32.exe] wnmsadcheck32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [VidSvr]
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Vanisher] C:\SPYWAREVANISHER-FREE\FREESCANNER.EXE -FastScan
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Spyware Vanisher] C:\SPYWAREVANISHER-FREE\FREESCANNER.EXE -FastScan
O4 - Startup: GConfig.lnk = C:\Program Files\WLAN\GConfig\GConfig.exe <<-- up to you
O15 - Trusted Zone: xxxtoolbar.com[/URL]
O15 - Trusted Zone: windupdates.com[/URL]

When HJT is done, delete the bold files. When a directory is also bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
spyware

thanks a lot!
The Gconfig file is ok it is the program i use to connect to a WLAN.
the computer is running a lot faster now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back