Sound Card/Driver Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imhotep1217

Hi Members...

I just reformatted my computer for the first time ever on this computer about 5 days ago and while i was reinstalling everything I realized that my sound card will not work because i do not have the drivers/cd software to give it what it needs...its in under the category of 'multimedia audio controller'.

I just used EVEREST to look at all the specs on my computer and if you post what you need ill fill in the blanks

I appreciate the help very, very much

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and read my post. It will tell you what we need to know.

If you have onboard sound, then you should go to your mobo manufacturers website and download the sound drivers from there. It`s probably a good idea to download your chipset drivers as well.

If you have a separate soundcard, then you should go to your soundcard manufacturers website, and download the drivers for your card.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ok. Right click the zip archive, and choose extract to 7012_111/

This will create a folder in the same window as the zip file.

Now open the folder and double click on the setup icon.

This will start the installation.

Regards Howard :) :)

this is just for my information but which package did you download off the site?

when i do the setup i get this error...

then in a new error message it says

Fail to install audio driver for windows XP.
Setup will exit

ok after the error i fixed it ... i had to think a little ...which is apparently not a norm for me

this is what i did... the setup closed and i went to the device manager... and had the computer search for the software again and it fixed it on its own...

thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back