minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

I'm having sporadic crashes due to potential driver issues.

How to I read or use the minidump files?

attached are the last two minidumps. I don't know what program to use to read them.

Hi Tedster.

Take a look at this short tutorial HERE.

As well as the !analyze -v command. Another very useful command is the !thread command. This will show you the owning process.

Regards Howard :)

ok thanks....

I'm getting the following debug info:

unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, win32 error error 2
*** warning unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

unable to load image win32k.sys, win32 error error 2
*** warning unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

bugcheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf816cee, f75267e0, 0}

kernal symbols are wrong, please fix symbols to do analysis
probably caused by win32k.sys

Post your minidumps mate.

I have to go out now for a few hours. I`ll look at your minidumps, as soon as I get back.

Here they are starting with most recent

thanks

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    57.9 KB · Views: 6
2 minidumps crash at ntoskrnl.exe. This is the Windows Boot Up Kernel. They have a bugcheck of 7F.

1 minidump crashes with memory corruption. It has a bugcheck of 0A. It also references SYMTDI.SYS. This is the Symantec/Norton Network Dispatch Driver.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Run memtest86+ to test your ram.

yeah, I anticipated this and ran memtest. came up with errors. I think I got some more bad memory. This is the second time this computer has developed bad memory.

I started with all kingston then they failed.

then I switched to crucial, now I am getting failures with crucial.

This is getting me mad. I run the computer all the time. I even had heat spreaders on these sticks.

now I'm going to have to test each 512 stick (three of them)

I wonder if crucial has a lifetime warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back