Motherboards:Which brands DONT you like? (PART 1)

Which motherboard brands DONT you like?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hey again. This thread is to establish which motherboard brands people have problems with or dont like for any reason. All you have to is submit your vote (please keep in mind that you may choose multiple votes) but it would be appreciated if you could provide a reason for disliking that brand.

I have also made a poll on motherboard brands that you DO like. Please take the time to vote on those too Which motherboard brands do you like? (PART 1, PART 2 and PART 3

Also please take the time to vote on Which motherboard brands you dont like: PART 2 and PART 3

Regards,

Korrupt

Actually, I've found them all to be reasonably reliable. Only bad boards I've ever gotten have been from bad dealers, not bad manufactuers.

Hey Sharkfood, why don't you like Biostar mobos?

I have two in my house, and both are excellent performers, especially my 6100-939 :)

Have to Agree

Biostar hasnt been around all that long but they still make a great product, my first real rig had a biostar mobo. Used to be that what they lacked in performance they made up in stability, they were rock solid. Today they seem to keep the rock solid stabiltiy along with decent performance.

They are a good budget minded board with nice features, stability and performance.

If you've got two good Biostar's, it's because schmuck's like me have already fished out all the DOA units from the shelf prior lol.

Seriously, Biostars are GREAT if they work, but my local OEM had to stop stocking them due to their incredibly high RMA rate/DOA count. But if you get the luck ones, they are solid.. just really not worth all the time I've had to consume to get 1:5 solid rate (given Intel based systems, NOT AMD).

I also voted against Epox as I've found they are okay if you plan to run them "stripped", but if you run them with all the bells and whistles (devices used), they are hardly ever stable or trouble-free to configure/install.

Thanks you for your replies. I think Biostar can be classed as an average brand then.

Regards,

Korrupt

Nothing is really bad....

When it comes to motherboards, with some exceptions you get what you pay for. Certain manufactures target differnt crowds. If you see a ECS motherboard with the same pound for pound features of a ASUS board your probably gonna notice the ECS cost a lot less. Cheaper boards usually mean sloppier manufacturing process, crapier componants such as capacitors and other onboard componants that make a huge difference in perfomance, stability and longevity.

JimShady23 said:
When it comes to motherboards, with some exceptions you get what you pay for. Certain manufactures target differnt crowds. If you see a ECS motherboard with the same pound for pound features of a ASUS board your probably gonna notice the ECS cost a lot less. Cheaper boards usually mean sloppier manufacturing process, crapier componants such as capacitors and other onboard componants that make a huge difference in perfomance, stability and longevity.

I completely disagree... True, you get what you pay for, and therefore a cheap motherboard is bad due to as you said capacitators etc. So a cheap brand is bad in my opinion. I would compare it to a PSU, sure you can pay $20 for a 500watt PSU or $150 for a 500Watt PSU. Therefore in my opinion the $20 is bad. Regardless of what you pay, you should get at least a half decent product.

Regards,

Korrupt

Wolfram, did you buy that brand new? Maybe youre just one of the lucky ones;)

Regards,

Korrupt

Like I said

Differnt manufactures target differnt crowds.....Keeping prices cheap dont always mean your going to get a peice of crap, it usually means your going to get somthing that dont last as long or perform as well as a premium priced product. Compair it to cars. Corvette vs. Cavaleir yes both are going to get you to point A to point B but the corvette is going to get you there a lot faster and probably a few more times than the cavalier.

Yes with either of them it is going to do the job, but how it does the job is another thing. :D

korrupt said:
I completely disagree... True, you get what you pay for, and therefore a cheap motherboard is bad due to as you said capacitators etc. So a cheap brand is bad in my opinion. I would compare it to a PSU, sure you can pay $20 for a 500watt PSU or $150 for a 500Watt PSU. Therefore in my opinion the $20 is bad. Regardless of what you pay, you should get at least a half decent product.

Regards,

Korrupt

korrupt said:
Wolfram, did you buy that brand new? Maybe youre just one of the lucky ones;)

Regards,

Korrupt

Yes, I bought it from Newegg. It a FSP Group ATX400-PA PSU :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back