Help, blue screen 0x0000007E cant get past this screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having some real trouble with my windows xp. I turned the machine off last night and this morning when I started it up, it came up with the blue screen of death. The error code is 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xB6192184, 0xBAD12D3C, 0xBAD12A38). I have tried reseting my bios and that doesnt work. I have two hard drives setup on the computer so I can boot from the other one running vista with no problems. When I checked out the drive it looks fine. If anyone has any help I would greatly appreciate it. My exam is in five days for certification and the software is installed on the windows xp drive. Thanks jrl.

NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT
ACPI x64
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+
Motherboard is Abit Afin1ty an9

The numbers/digits you posted are part of a memory dump.
Usually this dump is caused by a driver error or a memory failure. Run MemTest86 if you can get it going in Safe mode.
Other likely issue is a failed video graphics card, cpu fan, or a failure on your hard drive.
One of ther first things I would try is booting to the hard drives one at a time... Then begin ruling out things by removing or disconnecting all that you can.
Ideally, you should disconnect everything but the cpu fan, power supply, one memory module, and video card... then boot to a floppy drive (if you have one). Get as simple as possible, until it boots, then add one component at a time, rebooting after each additional thing.
For memory, remove one module, then replace modules to see if you have a change in booting.

In my experience, a failed start up after a machine that worked well the night before, is caused either by memory or a hard drive.

Thanks

Thanks for the response. Does anyone think it could be a corrupt file belonging to windows xp because my vista drive boots with no problems and I can use all the peripherals. No problems with the memory, video card, or hard drive. I can access the drive when I boot from vista and see all my xp files.

No, not if you are using a Windows XP with Service Pack 2... unless the disk is scratched.

YAY your xp install hates you. Very much. Thats ok mine hates me too.

Do you still have a windows XP cd?

See if you have any minidump files. Look in Windows\Minidump on your XP drive. You can attach five at a time in dmp format.

i'm getting the same problem as was stated before.. except when i ran across something made by dell... a reg/mem prog. downloaded it but theres no instructions to make a bootable disk.. so i can't used it because of the blue screen of death.. i've tried the small trick with the ram but not the vid card because there is no motherboard video port... i have a xps 600

I can't remember the steps anymore, but if you call dell or go to support.dell.com you should be able to find out how

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to find out if anyone can offer some advice. I just completed puting my comp togther and when I tried to load up XP I got these bsod errors 0x00000024 and 0x0000007e, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi,
This issue may occur because of Service Pack 3 installation it sometimes clashes with some other software’s so we need to uninstall Service Pack 3. Please follow the steps below to fix.
Solution:
a) Boot with Windows XP reinstallation disk.
b) When you receive the Welcome to Setup message, press R to start the Recovery Console.
c) Select the correct Windows XP installation that’s listed. And enter the password for Administrator.If you dont have any password press enter.
d) At the command prompt, type cd $ntservicepackuninstall$\spuninst, and then press ENTER.
e) On next prompt, type batch spuninst.txt, and then press ENTER.
f) After Windows XP SP3 is removed, type exit, and then press ENTER.
g) Restart your computer it should work.

Manvinder G
Your PRESTO expert
pcpresto.com
Phone us if you need immediate help and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back